Best Champ Course for Beginner Lady

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies View Post
...I plan to learn golf in TV and as a newbie I know I would feel “pressured” if I had several other golfers waiting and watching me, a smile and a “Play through wave” is what I will do.
Correct me if I’m wrong, experts, but I don’t believe waving the group behind you to play through is considered an acceptable option under TV Golf rules. Correct?
Old 09-08-2020, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong, experts, but I don’t believe waving the group behind you to play through is considered an acceptable option under TV Golf rules. Correct?
Correct.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Quite a few of the Exec courses from the back tees are a good test for any beginner.
Aren’t most yellow tee boxes Par 4s close to same distance of par 4 executives course furthest tees back?

My opinion would be play the executives from further back tees, and get of confidence consistency, and distance With all clubs. I find that most beginners or intermediate players can either hit irons good or the drivers, or can or can’t putt. Build some confidence in all clubs.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,427 Posts

Quote:

I would think it depends on how many it groups. If you got 4 slower players and group of two are behind you why not let them play on. Most likely never have to wait on them.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I would think it depends on how many it groups. If you got 4 slower players and group of two are behind you why not let them play on. Most likely never have to wait on them.
Like it or hate it, I think the Villages golf policy of “no play-thru’s” has to do with keeping track of playing time and keeping groups in order of tee times.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:42 PM
Location: Native to West Palm Beach, FL I am renting current home, yet to decide if TV will be next move.

Quote:
Like it or hate it, I think the Villages golf policy of “no play-thru’s” has to do with keeping track of playing time and keeping groups in order of tee times.

I would hate it… probably why I never got into golf, or maybe I am too new to golfing to complain anyway?

The one constant I have had repeated to me about 10 thousand times in the last two months of living in TV is how “BUSY” this place gets during peak season, especially the golf courses. I get it, enough already!

However, one would think that basic time management processes would dictate that during the busy season it would be encouraged to allow play-through’s to help with the prevention of a growing number of players waiting on slower players?
Old 09-08-2020, 08:34 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
I believe that is true. Once we had a foursome constantly pushing us, so we were happy to have them play through. The Ambassador told us no... you can't let people play through.
Closed Thread

Tags
champ, easiest, word, friendliest, holes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.