Bonifay Golf Course

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Gold member

One tidbit of information that we were told from a golf ambasador was that the new CC will not have a pool. Seems odd that they would break with this practice, but that's what he said. According to him, the other CCs south of 466A will have pools, although one of them will only be 18 holes.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
I shot a 97 on Bonifay today. Lots of sand! Hope this improves. The pin locations were difficult to locate. :-)
You must really rock those bunker shots!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Sage
Default No pool, I cannot check it out anymore

They fixed the golf cart paths so trespassers like me can not get in there in the evening with our golf carts. I will miss that, watching the country club be built, model homes, etc.

If you have not been down there lately, you cannot cross Morse where you used to as you travel west on the golf cart path along 466A past the driving range. They route you through the new tunnel under Morse and back to the cart path on 466A on the west side of Morse. There are barracades preventing you from going South on the cart paths past the tunnel and now there is no way to get onto Morse itself with a regular cart like mine.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
One tidbit of information that we were told from a golf ambasador was that the new CC will not have a pool. Seems odd that they would break with this practice, but that's what he said. According to him, the other CCs south of 466A will have pools, although one of them will only be 18 holes.
I would take that information with a grain of salt. From what I have heard there will be 3 championship courses; Evan Prairie, Bonifay, and Belle Glade - 27 holes each, and 6 executive courses split into clusters of 3 courses: Big Cypress and The Colony. I believe if you do the math this adds up to the 621 holes I've heard we will have at buildout. This information can be taken with a grain of seasoned salt, I like seasoned better.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
They fixed the golf cart paths so trespassers like me can not get in there in the evening with our golf carts. I will miss that, watching the country club be built, model homes, etc.

If you have not been down there lately, you cannot cross Morse where you used to as you travel west on the golf cart path along 466A past the driving range. They route you through the new tunnel under Morse and back to the cart path on 466A on the west side of Morse. There are barracades preventing you from going South on the cart paths past the tunnel and now there is no way to get onto Morse itself with a regular cart like mine.
Can't you build a ramp and turn that cart into TV Evil Knievel special?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Not burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I didn't get down their today but saw a hugh column of smoke coming from that area. Did you happened to see what was burning? It was around 11:30 AM when I spotted it. I hope it was a controlled burn.
What I saw was not burning but being stirred up by wind. It was a huge column of what looked like sand. As I got closer to Buena Vista it was washed out of the air by light rain. By the time I got to Buttonwood, there was nothing thank goodness.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.