Bunker raking...

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Yep, your correct. It is optional right now. It's probably 50/50 right now who rake. There are more important things to worry about. Be glad we can still golf. Geeesshhhhhhh
Old 11-24-2020, 10:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
Having played here frequently on championship courses, many golfers have an aversion to raking the sand trap even before covid gave them an excuse. Same goes for not fixing ball marks on the green or filling divots at the tee box or in the fairway.

Happens every where.
Nothing new.

Always has, always will.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:26 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Lol...you doubt my motive for moving .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
Why would such a fantastic competitive golfer with a -2 handicap ever buy a home in The Villages???

Before we bought here we played most of the Championship courses and several of the Executive courses and it was VERY OBVIOUS what we were buying into: less than average design level golf courses with less than average quality of course upkeep and with, at best, average level golfers mingled with lots of people just taking up golf.

We made the decision that this was acceptable and consequently we enjoy our golfing life in The Villages.
We don’t spend our valuable time complaining about the courses, the course conditions and ignorant fellow golfers.

It seems some of us didn’t do their due diligence about the quality of golf here and should probably seriously consider moving to a highly rated and gated community with true country club and/or true championship level golf courses.
in moving from Maine to the Villages where over a few hundred holes of golf are available?????

Your assessment of the course conditions and average level golfers here is actually quite far from reality. Naturally if you were a member of a private club that might be true, but you also got numerous assessments year to year for upgrades to the course and clubhouse.

I used to play what are now called "championship courses"(they were just 18 hole courses)and here I play almost exclusively exec courses because it's fun and I enjoy the people...most of them. There are a few who view the courses here as substandard as well as the players, but I find them to be the worst offenders when it comes to course etiquette and common sense. They seem to feel they are entitled to do as they wish.

As to who is complaining..not I. Merely pointing out the obvious which anyone with a lick of common sense would understand. Asking folks to do their diligence when it comes to raking bunkers, fixing divots and pitch marks has little of nothing to do as to the quality of the golf course or how many gates the neighborhood has, but to the quality of the people playing. It is not asking too much for them to clean up after themselves. I doubt many people would want someone in their house that didn't raise the toilet seat when appropriate and put it down when finished. Yet there is the assumption that because we don't pay 30k/yr in dues and fees for golf that common consideration should be ignored.

Many folks here assume they're better, or special...they're not....just not fun to spend any time with.
Closed Thread

Tags
rake, bunker, bunkers, ladies, rakes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.