Calling all snowbird golfers

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Default Calling all snowbird golfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
I have a feeling that if the snowbirds get a special rate then somehow it's going to cost the full timers something. The money that won't be coming in will have to come from somewhere.

Vote NO (if it ever gets that far)
I am not asking for a special rate for the 6 month membership.
Actually my proposal would end up costing me $90 more each year based upon my golfing pattern for 5 months.The discounts on green fees and not paying trail fees on exec will not offset the cost of a six month membership.The price difference between a 6 month and 12 month is about $150.My proposal will increase the revenue for the firm running the golf courses.The only benefit I would receive will be priority on championship tee times.I do not see how this will cost full timers something.If anything my $90 donation will help to offset future rate increases for both the 6 month and 12 month memberships.

The 6 month membership is already offered,I am just requesting a revision so a snowbird that does not spend 6 straight months in TV can benefit from the membership.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEZARIC3 View Post
I am not asking for a special rate for the 6 month membership.
Actually my proposal would end up costing me $90 more each year based upon my golfing pattern for 5 months.The discounts on green fees and not paying trail fees on exec will not offset the cost of a six month membership.The price difference between a 6 month and 12 month is about $150.My proposal will increase the revenue for the firm running the golf courses.The only benefit I would receive will be priority on championship tee times.I do not see how this will cost full timers something.If anything my $90 donation will help to offset future rate increases for both the 6 month and 12 month memberships.

The 6 month membership is already offered,I am just requesting a revision so a snowbird that does not spend 6 straight months in TV can benefit from the membership.
I really can't say I agree or disagree with your logic. I just know that The Villages is a money making machine and if can be done and The Villages can profit from it they would have thought of a way already.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.