Can Guests play golf without a Resident?

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Can Guests play golf without a Resident?

Just looking for some information. We will have my daughter and son-in-law visiting with us and wondering if they can play a round of golf by themselves and not have me there with them as a Resident?

Not that they don't want their parents playing with them, but thinking that they may want some alone time too.

My wife and I book and play golf with them here in The Villages and wondering if they can get out there on the course themselves?

I haven't tried booked them using the Tee Time System and wondering if this is at all possible.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:01 PM

Call one of the executive courses. They will have the answer for you. I know it will cost 15.00 each if they are taking a cart.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Gold member

When I try to book T Times without including myself it fails. Tells me I have to be included in the group.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Sage
Default Yes they can...

Guest can play without you. You can make a tee time request OR reserve a tee time for them. I have done this recently for friends that were visiting.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
When I try to book T Times without including myself it fails. Tells me I have to be included in the group.
I believe this is when you try to make a tee time for another resident and you are not playing. You get this error:
The Villages.net account owner(s) must be one of the players, or this must be a subsequent request
in a group request with the TVN account owner(s) participating in the first request of the group.
It does not give an error if making tee times for your guests even if you are not playing.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
I believe this is when you try to make a tee time for another resident and you are not playing. You get this error:

The Villages.net account owner(s) must be one of the players, or this must be a subsequent request

in a group request with the TVN account owner(s) participating in the first request of the group.

It does not give an error if making tee times for your guests even if you are not playing.

Thanks. Good to know.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Eternal Member

Don't they need a quest pass if they are by themselves?

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Don't they need a quest pass if they are by themselves?

Z
They do need a guest pass.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
They do need a guest pass.
If they do not have a guest pass, or an resident ID, they CANNOT play exec golf. There are no exceptions.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
If they do not have a guest pass, or an resident ID, they CANNOT play exec golf. There are no exceptions.
AND RIGHTFULLY SOOOO!
Old 12-31-2014, 01:04 AM

And the ID they use to get a guest pass, must show their home address further away than 50 miles.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzello View Post
And the ID they use to get a guest pass, must show their home address further away than 50 miles.
Actually, it must show an address outside Sumter, Marion, and Lake counties.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:08 PM

Very difficult to get tee times for guest on Executive courses in Jan.-Mar. When you put in for tee times with guest you will be LAST in line and tough to get times. I suggest you go to Championship course and play later in the day...9 holes. Not to much more cost. You could go outside the villages also. Execs are for residents and everyone else is down the list. Probably appropriate for this time of year. Just my experience. GOOD LUCK !
Old 01-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by er9027 View Post
Very difficult to get tee times for guest on Executive courses in Jan.-Mar. When you put in for tee times with guest you will be LAST in line and tough to get times. I suggest you go to Championship course and play later in the day...9 holes. Not to much more cost. You could go outside the villages also. Execs are for residents and everyone else is down the list. Probably appropriate for this time of year. Just my experience. GOOD LUCK !
NAH! Not always so! Our neighbor has no problem getting exec course tee times "in season" for self and guests. He simply is less selective re the courses they play and the times that they play. It can be done. Matter of fact - he sometimes plays 2X/day - early and late!

Old 01-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Veteran member

I started this post and just wanted to give an update.

I went on the Villages Tee Time System and was able to book a tee time for my daughter and son-in-law. They are my guests and have their guest ID's. I entered a reservation and identified them as guests and did not get any error messages.

At the starter shack, they had to show their Guest ID's along with their CT Drivers licenses for identification that the did not live in the surrounding counties.

Obviously, when The Villages gets to capacity in January-March, and tee times virtually unavailable, guests will be last to be scheduled.

So, to sum up, if you have guests that are guests ad want to play a round of golf by themselves, they can as long as there are available tee times, have a valid guest ID and proper photo ID and not live in the surrounding counties.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.