Casual, Regular Golf Group?

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Sage
Default Casual, Regular Golf Group?

My wife stumbled onto a golf group that is perfect for her. It is a group of ladies that play when they can and don't when they can't (or simply don't want to). Skill levels range from beginners on up. It is regular, twice a week I believe. It's a social league (I use that term because it's similar to a billiards game I go to regularly) where they may have from one foursome to several foursomes on any given day. You call ahead to say when you are going to play, but no requirements to play beyond that.

Is there any such group for men? (Or even co-ed?) My wife and I moved here about a year ago, and I had knee surgery shortly after that, so I'm really just getting into the swing of things (pun intended ).

A casual, regular game like described above would be perfect. I'd even consider a "league" or some group that did have more specific attendance requirements. Anything really just to get to playing more. I'm not crazy about signing up for a tee time at random. (It's okay...just not my first preference.)

I'm open to executive or championship courses. My official handicap is 8. Hopefully I'll play to it again some day soon, but I'd be hard-pressed to play to it right now.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Sorry, I can't help you, but would love to hear more about your wife's group. Can you share contact info, please? Thanks.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier

I would also be interested in more info on the ladies group....please share.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Sage

I'm interested in a men's group too.

I'm also interested in what follows:

I would like to put 12 guys together for a Ryder Cup type tournament from the gold tees. There would be three, 9 hole matches, 6 against 6. One regular round head to head. One better ball round. One alternate shots round. I don't care who my partner is or how we do. I just would like to compete in a free executive course tournament just for the fun of it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.