Christmas Day Golf

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2017, 11:54 AM
Default Christmas Day Golf

I heard there is free first-come first-served golf on Championship Courses on Christmas Day. Is this true?
Old 12-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

Yes, and it's VERY slow. Plan for at least 5 hours and a chewed up course.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I heard there is free first-come first-served golf on Championship Courses on Christmas Day. Is this true?
Look in today's sports section of the Sun, they have a display ad. I've only gone once on Christmas day. It was Bonifay the year it opened, I think that was 2011. Pensacola had not opened, it was delayed 9 months. I got to the Destin starter shack at 7:30 and I was #32 in line. The front two guys said they got there at 4am. I calculated that I would probably tee off about 10:00, but fortunately after a few minutes the starter asked if there was any singles, they didn't want to put a threesome out on the course. I was then teeing off at 7:45, the only downside was I rode with a smoker, they asked if I cared and said no, I quit in 2006 and looked at it as a challenge.

When I finished about noon, there was no one waiting. So, in the future I would go about noon or later if you don't want to wait. On the way home, there was no one playing Sand Hill or Turtle Mound, so the executives would be good in the afternoon as well to walk on. I haven't played on Christmas day since then, so that's the only experience I have.
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, golf, day, championship, true

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.