Christmas day golf

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Default Christmas day golf

Are the championship coarses open 1st come 1st serve on Christmas day 2019?
Old 12-23-2019, 05:25 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanamon View Post
Are the championship coarses open 1st come 1st serve on Christmas day 2019?
Yes, and free
Steve
Old 12-23-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Yes, and free
Steve
Do you think anyone will complain about the price?
Old 12-23-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Don't forget to rake the traps, fix divots on the greens and sand the divots on the fairways...…………...
Old 12-23-2019, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

And the complaining begins before the fact. Last year it was posted the courses were destroyed. I live directly on and played the same course for years on Christmas. No change observed here free or charges. Everyone was and has been respectful and played at the same pace as normal - 18 holes less than 4.5 hours.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Not complaining just reminding..
Old 12-23-2019, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
And the complaining begins before the fact. Last year it was posted the courses were destroyed. I live directly on and played the same course for years on Christmas. No change observed here free or charges. Everyone was and has been respectful and played at the same pace as normal - 18 holes less than 4.5 hours.
I don't see a complaint...... where is it? You might be the site expert on complaining. So I ask where is it?

I asked a question and Bogie posted a request......
Old 12-23-2019, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The first time I played Christmas golf was in 2011 and Bonifay had just opened two months earlier, except for Pensacola was still closed. I got there at 7:15 and I was about #35 in line, the first two guys said they got there about 4:30am. We were all lined up down the sidewalk up to the Destin starter shack and then they said, anybody want to play just nine holes, turn around and go to the Ft. Walton starter shack. Now, I'm #23 in line for 18 holes. Then they said, anybody here a single, and I said, that's me. Now, I'm next on the tee. What I saw when we came in about noon, there wasn't one person waiting to tee off. So if you don't want to wait, go later. Also on the way home I past Turtle Mound and Sand Hill Executives and nobody was waiting, later is better.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I don't see a complaint...... where is it? You might be the site expert on complaining. So I ask where is it?

I asked a question and Bogie posted a request......
I don't see a complaint either. Oh dear the sky is not falling but last year the posts after the free Christmas golf was like a war zone occurred. I am reminding everyone before we go that route again - not in my experience and I'll bet I've played approximately 15 years of rounds of Christmas golf here in TV. My opinion is it is a wonderful jester for TV to provide free golf on Christmas. I have not seen it abused more than the normal abusers who don't rake sand traps or replace divots on a normal day.[COLOR="Red"] Spread the word. [/COLOR]Folks championship golf is FREE on Christmas and you can bring up to three guests without even a guest pass as long as you have your residence card.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
I don't see a complaint either. Oh dear the sky is not falling but last year the posts after the free Christmas golf was like a war zone occurred. I am reminding everyone before we go that route again - not in my experience and I'll bet I've played approximately 15 years of rounds of Christmas golf here in TV. My opinion is it is a wonderful jester for TV to provide free golf on Christmas. I have not seen it abused more than the normal abusers who don't rake sand traps or replace divots on a normal day.[COLOR="Red"] Spread the word. [/COLOR]Folks championship golf is FREE on Christmas and you can bring up to three guests without even a guest pass as long as you have your residence card.
Sorry..... but you said "And the complaining begins before the fact." My bad! Feliz Navidad
Old 12-23-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Merry Christmas, my only complaint is that we can't be there to enjoy it : ( Oh well, we will be playing at the Villages on New Years day : )
Old 12-23-2019, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know what course you live on, but I also live right on a championship course and have observed the Christmas carnage for 5 years now. There is a fairway trap 20 yards from my lanai, and the rakes were viewed as ornamental. 95% of divots were not filled, and I'm 200 yards from the green but it didn't look like any pitch marks were repaired. Playing the course 2 days later confirmed this. CW is right, it's a wonderful jester, but the gesture was ill conceived.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:25 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
, it's a wonderful jester, but the gesture was ill conceived.
Ill concieved???? Jeez!

Steve

Last edited by anothersteve; 12-24-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I don't know what course you live on, but I also live right on a championship course and have observed the Christmas carnage for 5 years now. There is a fairway trap 20 yards from my lanai, and the rakes were viewed as ornamental. 95% of divots were not filled, and I'm 200 yards from the green but it didn't look like any pitch marks were repaired. Playing the course 2 days later confirmed this. CW is right, it's a wonderful jester, but the gesture was ill conceived.
And I heard there was no bad neighborhoods in TV

Old 12-24-2019, 07:34 AM
Default Course starter list

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Yes, and free
Steve
Usually they post which starter course for 18 or 9 holes, Did I miss this?
Closed Thread

Tags
christmas, day, 1st, golf, championship

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.