Club fitting

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2020, 05:42 PM
Location: Pickerington ,Oh during the summer. Fenney during the winter.
Default Club fitting

My wife and I will be in the villages visiting friends next month and I was thinking of getting fitted for a driver while here, would you recommend The Villages Golf Academy or is there another fitter you would recommend. I appreciate any and all recommendations. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:53 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Golf academy
Old 01-23-2020, 10:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Golf academy
Before you accept you club make sure you have it tested at GNL on 441. The Villages Golf Academy does not test the club flexibility and that will have an impact on how you hit the ball. Not sure how much but if you are paying hundreds of dollars per club it should be correct.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-24-2020, 07:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I got fitted for clubs this past year at the Sarasota facility just South of 466A on Morse. I was fitted for my previous clubs in VA and this fitting here was suspect for me. The person doing the fitting seems to represent just a single brand of clubs. Mine was selling Callaway. They do allow you to try many different clubs so that was a benefit but if spending the $2000 plus for an entire new set I wanted to be more confident it was done right.

Golf digest had an article about the best places for club fitting in the US. One of the top rated was Moon Golf in Melbourne FL. I called them made an appointment and went there for a club fitting. What a difference. They had every club, every shaft, could set you up with any combination. They spent two hours with me just for the irons and I went back the next day for the woods. I did have to pay for these fittings but they gave me a store credit for the amount if I bought new clubs. It was the best club fitting experience ever. So worth the 2 hour trip down there. I did end up buying my clubs from them as they also had the best prices. My shafts were custom between regular and senior flex, my grips were one up toward oversize from regular size, loft and lie angle needed to be slightly changed, and two of the irons needed to be hybrid type. If your going to buy new clubs take the time to get it done right and Moon Golf does it right.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:22 AM

I agree with jomar. John S Ford at GNL on 441 south of 461 is actually a club builder. You should include him in your quest for a club fitter.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:47 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default golf fitting

Any others experience GNL.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Default Between my wife and I we've been to 4 different 'fitters' in the area, including Palm

Quote:
Originally Posted by go4fpsb View Post
My wife and I will be in the villages visiting friends next month and I was thinking of getting fitted for a driver while here, would you recommend The Villages Golf Academy or is there another fitter you would recommend. I appreciate any and all recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Between my wife and I we've been to 4 different 'fitters' in the area, including Palmer and Sarasota. Never had what I would call a bad experience but the last one was so over the top good I'll strongly recommend Club Champion in Orlando. Well worth the drive. Richie Mahler did my fitting and it was unlike any prior experience. Check out their website and google their ratings in the industry. I love the result.

Told my experience to my best friend from college who lives in Naples. He went to see them there and ran into Steve Stricker (tour pro) picking up some irons. Was told that many PGA pros who don't have big time endorsement deals use Club Champion.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:10 AM
Location: Pickerington ,Oh during the summer. Fenney during the winter.
Default club fitting

Thanks for the advice. Gives me some options.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommend, villages, golf, academy, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.