Collar Type Shirt For Golfing

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2015, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Although not too long ago any form of denim was not allowed.....dress codes are slowly disappearing
I dont know how long you have been in TV, but denim has always been allowed here in TV for at least 10 years. I do not play golf where I see a dress code disappearing. Maybe at some municipal courses. I would really like to know where you got your information.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggie View Post
I dont know how long you have been in TV, but denim has always been allowed here in TV for at least 10 years. I do not play golf where I see a dress code disappearing. Maybe at some municipal courses. I would really like to know where you got your information.
In 2009 my guest was asked to leave Glenview because he had jeans. Three years ago Bonifay asked a player to leave because he had jeans.....not information....I was there.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALYBOW View Post
Same thing happened to me. Except they gave me a shirt that was too small
Yep, I know what you mean. XL doesn't always get it......

Just a thought
Old 04-20-2015, 05:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am pretty sure my husband was born in a golf shirt.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Under Armor Cold Gear long sleeve under a golf shirt; works great on those cool days. They are definitely coming with me to TV.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:00 PM

I was on the practice putting green on Lopez with my 6 yr old son when we were told that he needed a collar on his shirt to be on the practice green , it's a wonder why golf participation in the younger generations in in a major decline, he won't go anymore without a polo shirt on as he is sensitive about being told off but that's not the way to bring on the youth of today, I know there is a etiquette on the course but it's a practice green.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I hate denim on the golf Course. How can you allow denim and require collared shirts?

"A puzzlement"
Old 04-23-2015, 02:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgolfer View Post
I was on the practice putting green on Lopez with my 6 yr old son when we were told that he needed a collar on his shirt to be on the practice green , it's a wonder why golf participation in the younger generations in in a major decline, he won't go anymore without a polo shirt on as he is sensitive about being told off but that's not the way to bring on the youth of today, I know there is a etiquette on the course but it's a practice green.
Uhhhhhh . . . with your "six year old son???"
Old 04-23-2015, 04:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
A practice green is part of the course complex. Same rule applies on the driving ranges which are also practice facilities. Imagine the problems the courses would have if they didn't apply the rules everywhere on the grounds. People would see all manner of dress on the practice areas and take it to the course.

I would hope your son was not so traumatized by being told he needed a collared shirt that he gives up the game.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:29 AM
Sage

Quote:

It is so unusual to hear about our ambassadors here telling anyone rules. If something is said, it is usually at check in. The complaints usually made about these lovely and polite men and women are generally that they are not given authority to be tough enough on things like slow play etc.

I hope you enjoy your visit with your young child.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
In 2009 my guest was asked to leave Glenview because he had jeans. Three years ago Bonifay asked a player to leave because he had jeans.....not information....I was there.
Jeans, are allowed, and they have been allowed for at least the 3 1/2 years I have been here. BUT the jeans must not be torn, have holes etc., or maybe someone was in error, but jeans are allowed, check the dress codes.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Jeans, are allowed, and they have been allowed for at least the 3 1/2 years I have been here. BUT the jeans must not be torn, have holes etc., or maybe someone was in error, but jeans are allowed, check the dress codes.
I know they are allowed.....but there were times when they weren't, whether by code or individual ambassador. I think dumbing down the dress codes is a shame, and so glad the private CC's haven't followed that trend. In a recent interview, Gary Player said that one of the reasons he enjoyed coming to the US to play was that Americans respected each other and one of the ways they showed that was in how they dressed. The other good news was, if you saw the Drive, Chip and Putt competition the kids were dressed, showed the proper manners and respect for the game and were evidently taught the culture of the game. It's going away, but for the most part, the players here in TV continue to respect the game and dress appropriately. Lets hope they stay in the majority and the denim is a small part.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Sage

A six year old son?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
A six year old son?
Yes we I have been visiting the villages for the last 15 years, first visited when I was 30 with my girlfriends mum and dad who had friends here , they have owned a home for the last 9 years. The girlfriend is now my wife of 13 years and both our kids have visited once or twice a year since they were born.
Not sure if I like this place
Old 04-23-2015, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Yes we I have been visiting the villages for the last 15 years, first visited when I was 30 with my girlfriends mum and dad who had friends here , they have owned a home for the last 9 years. The girlfriend is now my wife of 13 years and both our kids have visited once or twice a year since they were born.
Not sure if I like this place
I thought you were a villager. Hope you continue visiting and that you change your mind about liking this place.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.