Collar Type Shirt For Golfing

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2015, 09:58 AM

Nope, way to young at the moment but probably one day , for now we will just keep visiting, we have been here for the whole of this month, and will leave the in laws here for a while longer , but being from the uk the longest we can stay is 6 months of any year
Old 04-24-2015, 06:51 PM

Being an Ambassador ,I will tell you that we do have the authority to move players to the next hole or play in from the 150 yard marker. Any Ambassador that doesn't do that is not doing what we were trained to do.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
A practice green is part of the course complex. Same rule applies on the driving ranges which are also practice facilities. Imagine the problems the courses would have if they didn't apply the rules everywhere on the grounds. People would see all manner of dress on the practice areas and take it to the course.

I would hope your son was not so traumatized by being told he needed a collared shirt that he gives up the game.
I agree. Nice to see people dressed properly.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Sage

Does anyone else remember the golf fashion of the sixties and seventies? They shouldn't have just kept us off the course, they should have had us arrested. Remember the plaids, paisleys and stripes.

Gary Player always wore black. In retrospect he always looked classy but at the time Jack and Arnie were wearing some pretty bold colors and patterns.
In 65 my dad just started playing and he invited me to go with him, public courses of course. I lived in Secaucus, NJ. The druggist, MR. Marra at Marra's Drugstore was selling his right handed McGregor starter set for $15. I was left handed but I figured it wouldn't matter. They all matched. My dad said I could wear my school pants and borrow one of his shirts. He was size medium and I was a small so that wouldn't do for me. I had my own money from delivering papers so I took the bus to Two Guys [a sort of Walmart at the time] and I bought these white pants with splattered brown spots all over them and a matching dark brown shirt so I wouldn't look ridiculous [in my own mind] on the course.

good times
Old 04-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Whether we like it or not dress codes anywhere are a must because someone is sure to push the envelope. As a manager it upset me that I had to tell an adult how to dress (ie) how to follow the dress code. It made me wonder about the quality of his/her work product.

At many golf courses around the country golfers are not even allowed to wear cargo shorts .

So imagine my surprise when I found that while collared shirts were required golfers could wear denim pants. Even more to my surprise was golfers who should up with in sweat pants.

In a previous thread an ambassador explained that they were not allowed to........

I do not know who made those rules or why but you can be sure that many people especially on executive courses are taking advantage of that well known fact. the results are predictable and as demand for golf increases it is going to place more strains on us all.

One of the reason I take pride in golf as a sport has to do with the neatness and pride golfers display in their apparel. And also well place golf etiquette
Have you noticed that doesn't exist on executive courses. Perhaps you can have free golf for the rest of your life has something to do with it. But then perhaps your definition of free golf for the rest of your life doesn't mean the same to me as to you?

Personal Best Regards:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.