# of Daily Tee Times

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2017, 05:59 AM
Veteran member
Default # of Daily Tee Times

Just curious...has anyone ever figured out how many potentially available tee times TV has on a daily basis...assuming all courses open, summer hours, etc. I realize of course this is just a hypothetical. Just curious....
Old 05-21-2017, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I think I read the number somewhere, but I don't recall.

It's pretty easy to figure however. The run starting time every nine minutes and begin at 7:00am. The starter houses close at 7:00pm so there's twelve hours of times. That gives you twenty times every three hours or eighty times a day per course. if there are 35 courses that gives you 2,800 slots on the executive courses. If times are taken and they are all foursomes, you'd have 11,200 golfer in a day.

This works pretty easily for the nine hole executive courses, but for the championships, you need to figure out whether they have eighteen or twenty seven holes and whether they are starting on all tees. If they start on all tees, you have to factor in crossover times.

For example an eighteen hole course starting on both one and ten you would have approximately 26 slots in a bit over two hours. Then each tee would be closed for two hours to allow every one to make the turn. You might have one or two groups less in order to factor in the fact that not everyone is going to play none holes in two hours, but you can get a rough idea.

Twenty seven hole courses would be done the same way except you'd allow for 39 groups every four hours. Again, you'd probably want to figure at least four and a half hours to make up for slower players.

So you can do the math and come up with a pretty accurate number.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Sage

Just count 'em on thevillages.net.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Gold member

The VHA put out some numbers before Belle Glade opened. At that time there were 13,856 daily tee times in the winter, and 17,600 in the summer months.

Tags
times, curious, tee, daily, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.