Are dogs allowed on golf courses in the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2021, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Simple fix by getting a spectator sticker for the cart when you sign in at the starter shack.
Yeah , that will work
Old 08-02-2021, 09:28 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,688 Times in 3,601 Posts

Just wait until the course is closed............."course closed" is just a suggestion.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Wasn't this answered by you in a previous post in June?

ryoungs

LOL I have no advice on dogs, other than the owner should have their pet under control at all times. If dog walkers are not allowed on the golf courses, than dogs should not be there either.
Poster Posted this post in June;

As a high school teacher, I coached cross country teams for many years. This was in Illinois. We sometimes ran on our local golf course. I figured the same thing was allowed here in The Villages -- but no, the first time I tried to jog on the golf course across the street from my home here, I got run off pronto by a player. It was almost dark, he was the last player of the day, and I was in no way interfering with his game. I guess that's just the way geezers get sometimes. But, you know, if that's the way it is done here, then I figure I need to follow the same rules. I do hate jogging on the streets though. LOL I have no advice on dogs, other than the owner should have their pet under control at all times. If dog walkers are not allowed on the golf courses, than dogs should not be there either."
Old 08-02-2021, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Poster Posted this post in June;

As a high school teacher, I coached cross country teams for many years. This was in Illinois. We sometimes ran on our local golf course. I figured the same thing was allowed here in The Villages -- but no, the first time I tried to jog on the golf course across the street from my home here, I got run off pronto by a player. It was almost dark, he was the last player of the day, and I was in no way interfering with his game. I guess that's just the way geezers get sometimes. But, you know, if that's the way it is done here, then I figure I need to follow the same rules. I do hate jogging on the streets though. LOL I have no advice on dogs, other than the owner should have their pet under control at all times. If dog walkers are not allowed on the golf courses, than dogs should not be there either."
No, that's the way people who know and respect the rules respond when they see someone thumbing their nose at them. (Not directed at you, GG, but at the post quoted)
Old 08-02-2021, 10:32 AM

I see no problem with dogs on the golf course. From what I see, they would do a lot less damage to the course than the players. And they can 'play' a hole a lot faster.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,588 Times in 1,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
No, that's the way people who know and respect the rules respond when they see someone thumbing their nose at them. (Not directed at you, GG, but at the post quoted)
"Rules for thee, not for me".

In any sizeable group of people there are going to be some who ignore rules. Sometimes all it takes is a gentle reminder.

We had just moved in when one morning I found a pile of doggie dung on the grass near the street. I cleaned it up, then went out and bought one of those little signs with a cute little pup on it, urging dog owners to pick up after their pet. It worked. No more poop on the lawn. But two days after I had put it out, I saw that it had been turned around!
Old 08-02-2021, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
I see no problem with dogs on the golf course. From what I see, they would do a lot less damage to the course than the players. And they can 'play' a hole a lot faster.
Think again. Problem.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
"Rules for thee, not for me".

In any sizeable group of people there are going to be some who ignore rules. Sometimes all it takes is a gentle reminder.

We had just moved in when one morning I found a pile of doggie dung on the grass near the street. I cleaned it up, then went out and bought one of those little signs with a cute little pup on it, urging dog owners to pick up after their pet. It worked. No more poop on the lawn. But two days after I had put it out, I saw that it had been turned around!
Yard signs aren't allowed! Rules for thee, not for me.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Think again. Problem.
OK...I thought again...no problem.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.

Not sure about dogs, but I do know that cats are no longer allowed on the courses...they were constantly using the sand traps as litter boxes and never raked up when they were through.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
OK...I thought again...no problem.
Think harder
Old 08-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Not sure about dogs, but I do know that cats are no longer allowed on the courses...they were constantly using the sand traps as litter boxes and never raked up when they were through.
Every cat we ever had (all 7 of them) definitely raked after using the litter box. Those must be dogs masquerading as cats.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Every cat we ever had (all 7 of them) definitely raked after using the litter box. Those must be dogs masquerading as cats.
Now, if only we could get golfers to do the same
Old 08-02-2021, 12:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Now, if only we could get golfers to do the same
Some golfers are as stubborn as cats but less tidy.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:37 PM
Default Nose thumbing

Quote:

Well, how do you know if the person knows the rules and is thumbing their nose at them, or just doesn't know the rules? Yes, I know you will say it's everyone's responsibility to know all the rules, but there are situations where people are doing something that is an accepted norm elsewhere and just don't know all the rules. People just apply past practices.

I wouldn't assume someone knows the rules and I would try to smile and be polite when pointing out rule violations.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, leave, villages, animal, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.