Are dogs allowed on golf courses in the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2021, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda View Post
Well, how do you know if the person knows the rules and is thumbing their nose at them, or just doesn't know the rules? Yes, I know you will say it's everyone's responsibility to know all the rules, but there are situations where people are doing something that is an accepted norm elsewhere and just don't know all the rules. People just apply past practices.

I wouldn't assume someone knows the rules and I would try to smile and be polite when pointing out rule violations.
You need to review the thread again. The person posted he went to jog on a golf course and was chased off. HE probably didn't know the rules, the people on the golf course did and reacted accordingly.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda View Post
Well, how do you know if the person knows the rules and is thumbing their nose at them, or just doesn't know the rules? Yes, I know you will say it's everyone's responsibility to know all the rules, but there are situations where people are doing something that is an accepted norm elsewhere and just don't know all the rules. People just apply past practices.

I wouldn't assume someone knows the rules and I would try to smile and be polite when pointing out rule violations.
IMO the fault lies in applying past practices rather than familiarizing yourself with the rules when you move to a new place.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.
I honestly don't see a problem with that... I have seen a few do this, but a few. keep him on a leash in the golf cart... dogs have run off, when they see a bird or something. You can ck when you make your golf schedule if you can bring your dog leashed in your golf cart. that would solve your question...
Old 08-02-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
"Rules for thee, not for me".

In any sizeable group of people there are going to be some who ignore rules. Sometimes all it takes is a gentle reminder.

We had just moved in when one morning I found a pile of doggie dung on the grass near the street. I cleaned it up, then went out and bought one of those little signs with a cute little pup on it, urging dog owners to pick up after their pet. It worked. No more poop on the lawn. But two days after I had put it out, I saw that it had been turned around!
Dog or cat HAS TO BE CONTAINED AT ALL TIMES.... if outside Leashed... no free roaming.. and if your fur baby poops no problem, but pick it up that is mandatory. Just respectful to your neighbors. We do have natural predictors, coyotes, gators, panthers, hawks, eagles . My friend lost a sm dog to a coyote because the fur baby was not on a leash.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
No dogs allowed
Except seeing eye dogs.
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-03-2021, 05:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,552 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.
Why cant you leave him home? Leave the tv on, a/c, water and hes all set. Thats not mistreatment
Old 08-03-2021, 05:48 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

absolutely not unless it's a service dog.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:04 AM

Golf courses are private property and are open to paid golfers only. Walkers, golf cart rides, or anything else is not permitted on a golf course.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:20 AM
Location: Currently Genesee, Colorado but selling house soon and heading out in a van. We’ll be in TV in Kct

Quote:
Unfortunately no and just wait until you see the responses you get from the dog haters. I sure wish they could because my dog would love to join me and would be perfectly happy and perfectly well behaved sitting in the cart just to be with me. Oh well…
Old 08-03-2021, 06:27 AM

Yes..... If they are a service animal
Old 08-03-2021, 06:43 AM

I love dogs, but they do not belong on the golf course. If your dog can’t be left alone while you play golf, stay home
Old 08-03-2021, 06:49 AM
Default Poor Dog

Quote:
NO DOGS.. Owners cannot clean up after their dogs in the street where they can find their "deposits" IMAGINE what it would be like on the golf course. Just wait until a golfer goes to pick up the ball, and its not WHITE....!!

No right minded owner would consider taking a dog out in this heat during the day for 2-3 hours.. Leave it home where its cool. If you dont want to care for the dog give it to someone who will.....
Old 08-03-2021, 07:25 AM

No dogs on any golf course and no golfing in a dog park. Hope that clears it up.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:26 AM

Do what I did, get another rescue dog to keep him company. I can leave my two home alone for three to five hours when I have to go grocery shopping, play pickleball, or golf.
Old 08-03-2021, 07:47 AM
Default ..

Me thinks this poster is trying to bring our attention to the fact that Villages Dog Owners (in general) seem to believe that their dogs are welcome anywhere, at all times….
They aren’t.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, leave, villages, animal, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.