Are dogs allowed on golf courses in the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2021, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

Dogs are fine to be left alone. They usually just sleep.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMeso View Post
Unfortunately no and just wait until you see the responses you get from the dog haters. I sure wish they could because my dog would love to join me and would be perfectly happy and perfectly well behaved sitting in the cart just to be with me. Oh well…

I agree, I think allot of dogs could just sit on the cart, quietly behaved. I know mine could. But I would leash, just to be sure.
But what I don't understand is why soooo many would be against that. What's the big deal if hubby and I head out at a slow time with Fifi on the back seat....seriously, if you are there you are most likely 2 holes ahead or behind us. If we are too slow, play though. Why are you all so bothered by it? (Again...I said at slow time) honestly by then arnt most of you at the 19th hole.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:18 PM

I see no problem with leaving a dog home for only a few hours, your home has A/C, Hopefully you have fresh water and food out for he or she. No sense in having dog suffering in the heat of a golf cart for hours when they can be comfortable at home. If you travel a lot, you’ll have to board the dog or find some person to watch them in their home if you are away. If you travel a lot, don’t bother getting any animals.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
I agree, I think allot of dogs could just sit on the cart, quietly behaved. I know mine could. But I would leash, just to be sure.
But what I don't understand is why soooo many would be against that. What's the big deal if hubby and I head out at a slow time with Fifi on the back seat....seriously, if you are there you are most likely 2 holes ahead or behind us. If we are too slow, play though. Why are you all so bothered by it? (Again...I said at slow time) honestly by then arnt most of you at the 19th hole.
How many of the hundreds of other dogs would join Fifi on the golf courses? Where would it stop?Dumb idea!
Old 08-03-2021, 05:42 PM

Just call the golf courses.
They will tell you the policy!
Old 08-03-2021, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiebel View Post
Just call the golf courses.
They will tell you the policy!
Just about everyone already has
Old 08-04-2021, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.
No, No and No...... Do not want my Balls rolling in ****!
Old 08-04-2021, 11:19 AM

Golfers and entitlement. I will never live adjacent to a golf course again

It really ****ed me off, no pun intended, that the men playing seemed to think my yard was their urinal. It didn't matter whether my dog barked at them or if I was standing in the backyard, they felt that they could unzip and let loose in my yard and hedges. When they would see me standing there, they didn't even have the decency to stop what they were doing or even say excuse me. It wasn't just the old guys, either.

Golfers are the most entitled people in the world. My yard is not your urinal. Dogs, no problem. That's what they do.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Instal a camera in the backyard, then post. Let us all see who are doing these things. Send it to everyone so they can be identified.

Seriously, I think if you can’t hold it then wear a diaper, like the astronauts do.

Last edited by Velvet; 08-04-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvil View Post
Golfers are the most entitled people in the world.
U don't even kno me.

Old 08-04-2021, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvil View Post
Golfers and entitlement. I will never live adjacent to a golf course again

It really ****ed me off, no pun intended, that the men playing seemed to think my yard was their urinal. It didn't matter whether my dog barked at them or if I was standing in the backyard, they felt that they could unzip and let loose in my yard and hedges. When they would see me standing there, they didn't even have the decency to stop what they were doing or even say excuse me. It wasn't just the old guys, either.

Golfers are the most entitled people in the world. My yard is not your urinal. Dogs, no problem. That's what they do.
Are we really going to buy this?????? Once, maybe. but repetitively, highly doubtful.
Old 08-04-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
HUH? No dog, why ask?
Because its a malarkey story.
Old 08-13-2021, 01:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Well there seems to be a misunderstanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
1)you can't just play through or pass someone on the exec's. If you don't agree with the rules and regs then take it up with management.
2)they don't allow dogs to go out because the word of the owner is a bit biased about how their dog will behave...have you had fife's voice box removed(not likely eh?)? if not the dog will bark...that's a no-no and it doesn't matter if you don't understand why barking is bad on a course.
3)once someone sees you out with a dog on the course hundreds of others with ill behaved dogs will bring them out without permission. How do prove to the course starter that your dog is properly trained without them following you around??? you can't.
4)the rules and regs here in the villages are for the majority of folks and most understand and are mature enough to obey them without a problem. Those that break them always say the same thing..."why does it bother you?". well I moved here because of the rules and regs and it ****es me off when some entitled person thinks they can do as they please. Good nuff?
Old 08-13-2021, 02:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
1)you can't just play through or pass someone on the exec's. If you don't agree with the rules and regs then take it up with management.
2)they don't allow dogs to go out because the word of the owner is a bit biased about how their dog will behave...have you had fife's voice box removed(not likely eh?)? if not the dog will bark...that's a no-no and it doesn't matter if you don't understand why barking is bad on a course.
3)once someone sees you out with a dog on the course hundreds of others with ill behaved dogs will bring them out without permission. How do prove to the course starter that your dog is properly trained without them following you around??? you can't.
4)the rules and regs here in the villages are for the majority of folks and most understand and are mature enough to obey them without a problem. Those that break them always say the same thing..."why does it bother you?". well I moved here because of the rules and regs and it ****es me off when some entitled person thinks they can do as they please. Good nuff?
But in the interest of equity, I'd like to point out that I'm not allowed to play golf in a dog park
Old 08-13-2021, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
No, No and No...... Do not want my Balls rolling in ****!
Don't you need all those dimples filled??
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, leave, villages, animal, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.