Are dogs allowed on golf courses in the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
But in the interest of equity, I'd like to point out that I'm not allowed to play golf in a dog park
That's pretty much the best post of the thread.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
No dogs allowed
However, there are a lot of people who play like dogs and should stay on the exec courses.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

Kind of hard to hold a Club when you do not have an opposable thumb
Old 08-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,636 Times in 951 Posts

I played as a single on an executive course, and was hooked up with a couple who had a small dog in the cart. They said the dog would never leave the cart, and he never did. It wasn't a problem at all. However, that's probably one in a thousand dogs that will behave like that.
Nope, dogs are wonderful animals. I love dogs. They do not belong on the golf course.
Nope, it is not mistreatment to leave a dog at home if you know what you are doing. Give the pup lots of exercise and he/she will enjoy the rest.
It is not a mistreatment of a dog to crate the dog, either. They like a small cozy place to call home.
I'd recommend the OP to watch a season or two of "The Dog Whisperer" with Cesar Milan, or read a couple of his books.
You will learn how to make your dog a happy, healthy, well adjusted dog.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I played as a single on an executive course, and was hooked up with a couple who had a small dog in the cart. They said the dog would never leave the cart, and he never did. It wasn't a problem at all.
The starter and ambassador dropped the ball on that.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
But in the interest of equity, I'd like to point out that I'm not allowed to play golf in a dog park
There is no rule posted or on the internet that I've seen, forbidding golf in the dog parks.

I thought that's why you have a dog - to dig those holes so you can play golf. No?
Old 08-16-2021, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There is no rule posted or on the internet that I've seen, forbidding golf in the dog parks.

I thought that's why you have a dog - to dig those holes so you can play golf. No?
No.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager2017 View Post
Yes..... If they are a service animal
From my observations around The Villages.
All dogs are service animals!
Old 08-17-2021, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.
mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. Really? C'mon, man!
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, leave, villages, animal, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.