Are dogs allowed on golf courses in the Villages?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 08-13-2021, 07:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,440 Times in 635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
But in the interest of equity, I'd like to point out that I'm not allowed to play golf in a dog park
That's pretty much the best post of the thread.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
No dogs allowed
However, there are a lot of people who play like dogs and should stay on the exec courses.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:50 AM

Kind of hard to hold a Club when you do not have an opposable thumb
Old 08-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

I played as a single on an executive course, and was hooked up with a couple who had a small dog in the cart. They said the dog would never leave the cart, and he never did. It wasn't a problem at all. However, that's probably one in a thousand dogs that will behave like that.
Nope, dogs are wonderful animals. I love dogs. They do not belong on the golf course.
Nope, it is not mistreatment to leave a dog at home if you know what you are doing. Give the pup lots of exercise and he/she will enjoy the rest.
It is not a mistreatment of a dog to crate the dog, either. They like a small cozy place to call home.
I'd recommend the OP to watch a season or two of "The Dog Whisperer" with Cesar Milan, or read a couple of his books.
You will learn how to make your dog a happy, healthy, well adjusted dog.
Old 08-16-2021, 05:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,317 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
I played as a single on an executive course, and was hooked up with a couple who had a small dog in the cart. They said the dog would never leave the cart, and he never did. It wasn't a problem at all.
The starter and ambassador dropped the ball on that.
Old 08-16-2021, 07:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,938 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
But in the interest of equity, I'd like to point out that I'm not allowed to play golf in a dog park
There is no rule posted or on the internet that I've seen, forbidding golf in the dog parks.

I thought that's why you have a dog - to dig those holes so you can play golf. No?
Old 08-16-2021, 08:22 PM
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Thanked 6,894 Times in 2,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There is no rule posted or on the internet that I've seen, forbidding golf in the dog parks.

I thought that's why you have a dog - to dig those holes so you can play golf. No?
No.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager2017 View Post
Yes..... If they are a service animal
From my observations around The Villages.
All dogs are service animals!
Old 08-17-2021, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoungs View Post
Just curious: I have never had a dog, and actually have no serious plans to get one (I travel a lot), but, just out of curiosity, I'm wondering: If I had a well trained dog, would it be okay by Villages rules for me to take him in my golf cart to a golf course in the villages, and leave him in the cart as I get out to play each hole? I do know that it would be a mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. My wife is not here with me, so I have no one to leave the animal with.
mistreatment of the poor animal to leave him home alone while I go off to play. Really? C'mon, man!
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.

Tags
golf, leave, villages, animal, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.