Dress code

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2021, 04:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
You pick up after THREE over par, NOT DOUBLE PAR...
Par 3 pick up after 6.
Par 4 pick up after 7 NOT 8.
Par 5 pick up after 8 NOT 10.
Oh yeah, and on an executive course par 4 hole, you DO NOT have to wait for them to clear the green...

Don’t have wait? Depends on how far you can hit driver?
Nobody wants to see ball bouncing through them.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:56 AM
Platinum member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Another point, besides not wearing a T-shirt. There are no "beginner" golf courses in The Villages. The Executive course are for regular play, just shorter. So like a number of other people have posted, you don't need to keep score but you should keep track of the number of strokes. Typically double par is the maximum you should take on each and every hole (e.g. max of 6 strokes, including putts, on a par 3 hole). That is because there probably are a number of groups behind you that want to play. Be considerate and keep a steady pace, so you don't back up play.
I would classify El Santiago as a beginners course as it only has BIG holes.
Sarasota is next with BIG holes and regular holes.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:59 AM
Platinum member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Just go to a Beall's Outlet. A lot of the men around here could use a trip to Beall's Outlet, where there are dozens of inexpensive golf shirts that look so much better any day than tee shirts, especially the ones with the sleeves cut out.
OR, Goodwill, Bargains & Blessings etc. get a golf shirt for 2 or 3 bucks...
Old 10-16-2021, 05:05 AM
Platinum member
Wink

And another thing, if you're NEW to golf, take THE GOOD GOLF SCHOOL class located at Colony Plaza rec center. Lots of good tips about playing golf and how to work the golf request/reservation tee times.

Old 10-16-2021, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

Turtle Mound and Sarasota are the easiest, shortest courses. Sarasota has 2 cups on every hole...1 regular size and 1 larger cup, you can use either one. The starter shack has a pamphlet of all the courses listed by easiest to hardest.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:35 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Thanks all, I could not find it but my wife now tells me she saw it.

Next question, do we need to keep score? My wife and I have never kept score. We play and whoever lost the fewest balls at the end of 9 holes wins. Our plan is to do the same thing in The Villages.
I keep score by the number of Pars I get and the number of balls I lose. I limit each hole to double par.
Old 10-16-2021, 05:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Yesterday a couple new to the villages played in foursome in front of us. He wore a t-shirt with Superman on the front. Female had a “just do it” white tank top, with visible black sports bra. Both looked to be in their 80s.

Both of our parents who taught us a a young age rules of golf, and dress code, for the club would have rolled over in their urns.

They checked in ahead of us. Was a little surprised no warning. Guess who is as the starter shack makes the determination, how the rules of dress code are enforced
Old 10-16-2021, 06:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Guess who is as the starter shack makes the determination, how the rules of dress code are enforced
So True.

In my young'n days, I showed up at the driving range in a T-Shirt.
Mr. Token would not give me a coin.
Since, I've seen tons of wardrobe violators practicing their skill-sets.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Golf The Villages

TheVillages.net - Login - Email, tee-times, computer support - serving The Villages, Florida and the Tri-county area.

Good Golf School
Old 10-16-2021, 06:09 AM
Default Can't Find the Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Golf The Villages
You will find the rules at that site. T-shirt is not enough, shorts are fine.
I checked the link that was given, but I'm either looking in the wrong area, or the information on shirt collars is not addressed. Help me out, please.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Thanks for the question since I'll be a golf newbie in TV. Inspired me to order some golf wear online! Hope it fits...
Old 10-16-2021, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
I checked the link that was given, but I'm either looking in the wrong area, or the information on shirt collars is not addressed. Help me out, please.
Here is the dress code as stated in the golfing in the villages brochure. You may need to Google "golfing in the villages brochure" to find the entire brochure online. I cannot find an exact link.

How To Dress
The following dress code is for all championship and executive golf courses, The Villages Golf Academy, driving ranges, warm-up nets and putting greens.

The acceptable golf attire includes, but is not limited to, the below:

Shoes must be worn at all times when on the golf courses. Tennis or golf shoes with soft spikes, or shoes with no more than a 1-inch heel, are mandatory.Shorts or skirts must cover the majority of the thigh and may not be cut-off or have holes.Denim pants are allowed.No overall, tennis skirts, cut-offs, biking shorts, bathing suits or athletic exercise apparel.

Dress Code for Women

Fashion golf tops may be without a collar but should not expose the stomach and must have straps at least 2-inches wide.

Dress Code for Men

Shirts shall have a collar and sleeves. Turtle-necks or mock turtle-necks are acceptable. (Min. 1/4 inch collars.)

Last edited by retiredguy123; 10-16-2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
T-shirts are now allowed at the driving range.
I was getting ready to play Escambia one day and a man checked in wearing a T-shirt
with logos on it. They let him play.
The current online golf dress code still prohibits T-shirts at the driving ranges. Has the rule been officially changed somewhere else?
Old 10-16-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
On an executive 9 hole beginner course, what is the dress code. Planning our first ever round of golf in The Villages and all I have in Florida is shorts and t-shirts. Hoping t-shires are allowed on the executive courses. Thanks
T-shirts, cut-offs and midriff tops are not permitted on Villages golf courses. Dress codes are posted at every starter shack. Please use common sense. You might get away with it once and be turned away the next time.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:53 AM

Just know you might be paired up with someone. Very rarely do you get to golf a twosome. Too busy here for twosomes.
Closed Thread

Tags
dress, code, executive, t-shires, hoping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.