Dress code

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2021, 01:07 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
the dress code for the driving ranges has changed(specifically at sarasota). Tee shirts, bathing suits, spaghetti strap tops, etc. Are allowed!
Even children used to have to wear golf shirts on the driving range. Not any more.
I see people (especially men) wearing gym shorts all the time on the golf courses.

Old 10-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

I've played a lot of inexpensive muni's in my life, but I can't recall even a single one that allows jeans/denims on the course - or even on the range/practice areas. It was quite the shock to learn that TV allows it.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:47 PM
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
T-shirts are not allowed. You need to wear a shirt with a collar. That rule even applies to the driving range.

And, here is another tip for the driving range. Place the basket under the ball shoot before you put in the token. I learned that one the hard way.
LOL. I saw that happen and helped pick up the balls. They ran all over like puppies out of a box.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:09 PM
Send a message via ICQ to willis100 Send a message via AIM to willis100 Send a message via Yahoo to willis100 Send a message via Skype™ to willis100

If it”s going to be your first time playing golf, you will fit right in with the vast majority of people on the courses here so don”t worry.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
On an executive 9 hole beginner course, what is the dress code. Planning our first ever round of golf in The Villages and all I have in Florida is shorts and t-shirts. Hoping t-shires are allowed on the executive courses. Thanks
No tee shirts allowed on any golf course including driving ranges, you must have a shirt with a collar.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billthecpa View Post
Your question is not clear. Is this the "first ever" round of golf you will play....or is it just the first round in The Villages? If it is the first ever, you would do well to get some practice on the driving range before stepping foot on a golf course.
Nothing will draw the ire of other golfers as quickly as someone constantly swinging and missing or hacking the ball all over the course because they simply do not know how to hit a golf ball. You must keep the game moving so other players don't back up waiting behind you. That is simple golf etiquette.
That said.........good luck and enjoy the game!
Every golfer has to play their “first ever” round at some point. Based on some of the things I have witnessed on the Executives over the years, I highly doubt the OP and his wife will stand out as super slow players. The Executives are what they are, it’s never a good idea to go to one with unrealistic expectations. On the other hand, when you are paying winter rates on the Championship courses, it is very realistic to have much higher expectations.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis100 View Post
If it”s going to be your first time playing golf, you will fit right in with the vast majority of people on the courses here so don”t worry.
You are right, most players on executive courses, I have no experience with championship, are patient and just having a good time. Another good course is the Marshview Pitch n Putt. Good for working on your short game.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billthecpa View Post
Your question is not clear. Is this the "first ever" round of golf you will play....or is it just the first round in The Villages? If it is the first ever, you would do well to get some practice on the driving range before stepping foot on a golf course.
Nothing will draw the ire of other golfers as quickly as someone constantly swinging and missing or hacking the ball all over the course because they simply do not know how to hit a golf ball. You must keep the game moving so other players don't back up waiting behind you. That is simple golf etiquette.
That said.........good luck and enjoy the game!
We have played golf before. My wife actually took lessons over the summer. I have not played in a couple years but will be fine. We use to go later in the day, just the 2 of us and just enjoyed each other. That is what we hope to accomplish.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
We have played golf before. My wife actually took lessons over the summer. I have not played in a couple years but will be fine. We use to go later in the day, just the 2 of us and just enjoyed each other. That is what we hope to accomplish.
I hope you and your wife have a great time, you deserve it. My wife and I very much enjoy cracking a bottle of wine and going out for a late evening 9 on the executives. We have played some very fun rounds with other couples. Golf on my friend : )
Old 10-16-2021, 03:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roron123 View Post
For a start the Executive courses are NOT beginners courses and it might be a good idea for you both to take a group of lessons as you need to keep up the pace
Funny that they list 4 of the courses as easy thus beginner. We have played golf, just not in the Villages. I just don’t want to have to deal with any “golf pros” out there.

Last edited by Garywt; 10-16-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:25 PM
Default Good Golf Rules / Executive

When you hit your triple bogey shot, pick the ball up so you don’t hold up everyone behind you. Reference Good Golf Guide.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

This has turned into a way bigger deal than it is…..or will turn out to be.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
For starters, just about everything you need to know is here;

https://www.golfthevillages.com/golf...e.pdf?v=032917

And it was good advice to attend Good Golf School

Good Golf School
Took a look at the golf school, only offered once a month in the morning so not sure when it might line up for us being down there as we only come a week here and there.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
OR, Goodwill, Bargains & Blessings etc. get a golf shirt for 2 or 3 bucks...
I am still at my home in MA and I think I still have polo shirts from when I was working so I will just pack a couple I guess.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebrock View Post
Just know you might be paired up with someone. Very rarely do you get to golf a twosome. Too busy here for twosomes.
This is what I am afraid of. My choice would be not to be paired with anyone. Hoping that later in the day on the easier courses are not as busy.
Closed Thread

Tags
dress, code, executive, t-shires, hoping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.