driving ranges in the villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 09:11 PM
Gold member
Default Is there something you're missing? Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim&donna View Post
Seems tv doesn't do a very good job of informing residents and visitors as to the location and other details regarding ranges. Is there some definitive source for this I'm missing?
just do a wee bit of research and you'll find them all. Took me all of about 2 minutes using the computer...amazing the technology today that many do not utilize except for playing games and post on forums...
Old 01-24-2015, 09:18 PM
Sage
Default driving ranges in the villages

Whoa...you folks are being pretty harsh. Nobody uses tech more than I do, and I remember feeling a bit like tim&donna when I first looked for this info. No matter how many places the info might be, it doesn't jump out at you when you go to golfthevillages.com. It's buried a bit deep IMHO, so I give the them a break please.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Maybe got the response the way the post was written.................
Old 01-24-2015, 11:06 PM

Is Sarasota only supposed to be available to people ot TV or can anyone practice there??
Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutmama View Post
We like the driving range run by the Lions on Rolling Acres. The $5.00 goes to charity.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
Is Sarasota only supposed to be available to people ot TV or can anyone practice there??
Address: 3013 Morse Boulevard, The Villages, FL 32163

Phone: 352 750-8320

Hours:

Open today 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Old 03-29-2015, 06:26 PM

The Villages needs another practice facility. It needs to be south of 466A. I agree with the original poster. Way too busy at Sarasota! The developers look at a new facility as taking away space for homes.
As a matter of fact facilities have not kept up with growth---look at Colony---almost dangerous now in finding a parking spot.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Pratice??? It is way overrated! ��
Practice?? You talking about PRACTICE??
Old 04-05-2015, 11:21 AM

Sorry if this is a silly question: I am a beginner still and when I play at the couple of courses in my area (in Colorado), I always warm up hitting a bucket of balls and putting for a few minutes on the practice greens. During our lifestyle visit last year, I played at one of the executive courses without a driving range. Do more experienced golfers not feel the need to warm up before playing?
Old 04-05-2015, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
Sorry if this is a silly question: I am a beginner still and when I play at the couple of courses in my area (in Colorado), I always warm up hitting a bucket of balls and putting for a few minutes on the practice greens. During our lifestyle visit last year, I played at one of the executive courses without a driving range. Do more experienced golfers not feel the need to warm up before playing?
None of the executive courses have their own driving range. Most of the championship courses also do not, although they usually have a cage that allows you to hit some balls into a net to warm up. Most of the executive courses have practice green to practice putting and some allow chip shots as well.

If you feel the need to warm up before playing an executive course, you are free to use the championship courses that have a range or use the cages if they don't.

And it's not a silly question. In the words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper, "How else will you learn?"
Old 04-05-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
None of the executive courses have their own driving range. Most of the championship courses also do not, although they usually have a cage that allows you to hit some balls into a net to warm up. Most of the executive courses have practice green to practice putting and some allow chip shots as well.

If you feel the need to warm up before playing an executive course, you are free to use the championship courses that have a range or use the cages if they don't.

And it's not a silly question. In the words of Dr. Sheldon Cooper, "How else will you learn?"
Thanks!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.