Executive Courses-are they hard to get on in high season

Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,660 Times in 962 Posts
Default Executive Courses-are they hard to get on in high season

I have visited TV, thanks to friends who have a home there, twice. Both times in mid-April. We played the Championship Courses (my buddy and I) in the daytime, and in the evening we played the par 3 courses with our wives. (wives are not serious golfers, and my wife doesn't really play at all)...
I loved the courses, and my wife really enjoyed the par 3 experience because there was nobody around to make her feel like she was holding up play.
I drove by many executive courses and they looked very nice, but we never got on one.

During the high season (Jan, Feb, March) are the Executive Courses hard to get on, and if so, do they lighten up in the last couple of hours of daylight for folks who want to just walk and play a few holes before dark?
Old 12-25-2015, 10:44 AM

They are not difficult to obtain a tee time if you are a RESIDENT, obtaining tee times for guests during those 3 months, you have to be much more flexible with time and course selection.JMHO
Old 12-25-2015, 10:45 AM
Gold member

Absolutely harder in season.

May even be easier in the early morning - usually colder and people don't want to play then.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

They are usually very hard if you are planning to just go online and find an open time, that's what I usually do on the championship. However, for the execs all you'll find are teetimes of 4:30 or later. Not much daylight this time of year that late in the day. It's always best to join the online teetime system, it's just $8 a month, you can have it go on your credit card automatically. Then if you can plan on what you'll be doing 7 days in the future, put in a reservation, choose at least 4 courses and a teetime window of 2 hours or so (1pm to 3pm for example), and you should get a teetime for 2 or 4 on that day without too much problem.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

How late can you play, this time of year, before darkness chases you off of the course?
Old 12-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Actually its 3 days in advance.
http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...heVillages.pdf
Old 12-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Gold member

And you can reserve tee times by phone for free. A little more complicated than online but very doable.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

thanks for the information. I'm not completely retired until March 1...so none of this really comes into play until NEXT year, but it's good information to have.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

11 years and counting....give a selection of courses and a range of times to play.....never ever did not get to play when we wanted to play no matter what the season. It has been that way when the population was 35,000 and now at 100,000 +!

The more restriction and the narrower the field of time the more difficult to get what one would like.

For us the priority is playing golf. The course and time is secondary.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
During the high season (Jan, Feb, March) are the Executive Courses hard to get on, and if so, do they lighten up in the last couple of hours of daylight for folks who want to just walk and play a few holes before dark?
As described in previous posts, it's not hard to reserve tee times in advance IF you're flexible about the course you play and the times requested. If you want to play on a course the same day, check with the people in the Starter Shack for times available.
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, executive, play, played, wife, wives, par, hard, high, season, jan, drove, looked, dark, feb, nice, walk, couple, hours, daylight, folks, holes, lighten, march, championship

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.