Executive Golf Course Sand Traps...

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Ready golf simply means that you don't have to hit in turn as normally dictated by who is away.
TheVillageChicken: You are right. What i filed to make clear is that the golf industry is on a campaign to speed up golf because they are losing people to this game. My point was to explain that there are things we can and should do but when all is said in done what does a golfer do when faster golf intersects with a player's quest for quality performance and an enjoyable round
Old 11-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Welcome to rental season !!!!
Please don't go there. This thread is not about that.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Instructors in person, in news articles tell you to take at least one practice shot before you strike the ball. All courses here ask that you repair divotsand rake the traps. But all courses also tell you to play ready golf. What do you do hen these instructions conflict? What do yo do when you see these infractions but become accustom to course employees who can't or won't address these infractions? When is it up to a player? Why should a player be forced into a position that may cause golf rage?

I do repair divots. I do rake traps. I do play ready golf. I don't force my good habits on other golfers

It's not your job to force your good habits on other golfers. Feel good that you are doing the right thing. Maybe they will learn by example.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Ready golf simply means that you don't have to hit in turn as normally dictated by who is away.
On the tee, the person with the lowest score tees off first, next lowest; second. With ready golf anyone ready can tee off first.

Everyone off the green is supposed to be on the green before the furthest away from the pin putts. With ready golf, anyone can putt first. Even if someone is walking to a sand trap you can putt and mark your ball.

I guess that's what you said except I made it wordier.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
On the tee, the person with the lowest score tees off first, next lowest; second. With ready golf anyone ready can tee off first.

Everyone off the green is supposed to be on the green before the furthest away from the pin putts. With ready golf, anyone can putt first. Even if someone is walking to a sand trap you can putt and mark your ball.

I guess that's what you said except I made it wordier.
I don't know about that. Everyone should be on the green or fringe first otherwise, it can be distracting and dangerous if you're not paying attention.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Sage

This pretty cool. I went to the USGA website and found this video about the rules of golf. click here

RULES
Presented by ROLEX
One of the core functions of the USGA is to write and interpret the Rules of Golf. The Association does this in conjunction with the R&A in St. Andrews, Scotland. The USGA also sets guidelines for competitions and Amateur Status. Learn and play by the rules for maximum enjoyment of the game. We’re here to help.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
I don't know about that. Everyone should be on the green or fringe first otherwise, it can be distracting and dangerous if you're not paying attention.
The person is walking to the trap and they might get hurt because you are putting? don't you ever tell anybody or volunteer to hit up while so and so is walking to their ball?
Old 11-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
The person is walking to the trap and they might get hurt because you are putting? don't you ever tell anybody or volunteer to hit up while so and so is walking to their ball?
No Tom, you got it backwards. You shouldn't be putting while people are still hitting up especially while hitting up from a sand trap. I know you said you can putt while someone is walking to a sand trap but like I said, if you're not paying attention this is a dangerous situation. There are plenty of other things that can be done to speed up play so lets not take unnecessary risks. I can't tell you how many times I had to tell someone to watch out for someone else hitting up. Sometimes people have tunnel vision when golfing, only thinking about their shot.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
No Tom, you got it backwards. You shouldn't be putting while people are still hitting up especially while hitting up from a sand trap. I know you said you can putt while someone is walking to a sand trap but like I said, if you're not paying attention this is a dangerous situation. There are plenty of other things that can be done to speed up play so lets not take unnecessary risks. I can't tell you how many times I had to tell someone to watch out for someone else hitting up. Sometimes people have tunnel vision when golfing, only thinking about their shot.
Hitting up to the hole while you are on the green. I have been playing since I was 12, coaching hs golf since I was 28 until I retired and officiated over 100 hs golf tournaments. I have a pretty good sense of what is safe on a golf course.

Maybe I do need to work on my writing.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Hitting up to the hole while you are on the green. I have been playing since I was 12, coaching hs golf since I was 28 until I retired and officiated over 100 hs golf tournaments. I have a pretty good sense of what is safe on a golf course.

Not everyone in the villages has your experience. I'm sure that you are safe but others may not be. I'd like to play with you someday, I bet I could learn a lot. Hit um long and straight.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:

Play golf twice a week on Championship courses.....we play ready golf all the time and adjust based on pace of play with the group in front. If we are being held up we slow our pace and will wait for everyone to hit on the green....if we are lagging behind we will focus on each other to be safe but will attempt to play faster to keep up. There are those holes that slow us down, yeah we lose balls or hit provisional s or just have a bad hole. It is our responsibility to make up the loss and that sometimes changes when we putt and who we wait for. Golf is like any other sport, be aware of your surroundings and adjust....if you can't do that then maybe you should try something else.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 AM

I also believe ALL golfers should have to attend the Good Golf School before they can play on the executive golf courses. No school, no tee time. I also wish the ambassadors had the power to give warnings when they see someone not rake the sand trap. And then there is always the slow play issues which just seem to get worse.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

The golfer that holes out first is suppose to take the pin and be ready to put in the hole when all golfers have holed out. This saves time and is also ready golf and good etiquette.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Sage

Do you know the rules of golf? What is golf course etiquette? What ready golf means?

Tom Carpus is the Head of the PGA Rules Committee and in this video he goes over the rules, etiquette and ready golf. click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LblxeIXzctQ

AND---This is a well written paper with illustrations that reinforces ready golf skills.
“Ready golf is kind of like the etiquette of playing golf. It is a general practice that most golfers
follow so that they are not playing slowly. Ready golf includes thinking ahead so you are ready to play when it is your turn. So here are some of the principles that many golfers use so that they keep play moving.” click here http://www.golfwebsite.ws/12148/Documents/ReadyGolf.PDF
Old 11-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The golfer that holes out first is suppose to take the pin and be ready to put in the hole when all golfers have holed out. This saves time and is also ready golf and good etiquette.
I agree but the pin should be left on the ground until everyone putts out. If you insist on picking it up early then please hold the flag so it's not flapping in the breeze.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.