Extending a Six Month Priority Golf Membership to a Year

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2020, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxdog View Post
Why don’t you just go to the office. You will be surprised at the service you get face to face
I doubt that the office is open for normal business.....
Old 04-11-2020, 07:48 AM

Sounds reasonable either way, but the Villages are in the money making business so I’m sure it’s going to go in their favor. What is Priority Golf?
Old 04-11-2020, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelinda91 View Post
Sounds reasonable either way, but the Villages are in the money making business so I’m sure it’s going to go in their favor. What is Priority Golf?
LOL ! You must not be a golfer .

Priority golf is a membership you pay for which gives you lower fees for Championship courses, priority on tee times, pays for the executive courses trail fees and gives you access to priority pools .

If I have forgotten something I’m sure someone will point it out .
Old 04-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Office is closed, but I can tell you that not everyone who is answering the phones is giving out the correct information. My issue was different than yours however, I insisted on speaking to someone else, since I was given incorrect information from 2 different people, when we left in October. Again incorrect info when we returned in February.

This time I insisted on speaking to someone who works in the golf membership office. The call was returned in an hour, yes the info I had received in October and February was incorrect. My problem was fixed immediately, with a confirmation in the mail within 2 days.

I think they are spread a little thin, but those who answer phones should not be giving out answers
Old 04-11-2020, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
You take a shot at The Villages..........and then ask what is priority golf?
Old 04-11-2020, 08:05 AM
Smile Wait Until May

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgsJr View Post
My wife and I are Snowbirds (sorry). We own a Villa in Amelia and for 6 years we have paid for the 6-month Golf Priority membership (6-months = $792, Annual = $990, for a couple). I thought perhaps I could extend the 6-mth membership to a year membership by paying the difference of ~$200 as we are not able to travel under the circumstances: Covid19.

I spoke with a nice woman, “Sue”, at the Golf and Tennis Admin to inquire whether we could extend our 6 month membership to a year and pay the difference of $200 in consideration of our plight…Sue told me that the only option I have is to pay for another 6 months ($792) that I cannot extend my 6 month membership to a year. (under normal circumstances I can understand this…).

I asked to speak to her supervisor to see if an exception could be made and was told that her manager, “Kala”, was busy and would call me back. I haven’t heard back yet as I am sure Kala is rather busy…. My feeling is that with the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in there might be some accommodations made by The Villages to allow for a one-time extension. We will see when “Kala” returns my call.

Am I being unreasonable in asking for an extension for the $200 difference rather than having to pay another $800 for the next 6 months??? (Had I known last fall that I’d be here this summer due to the pandemic I would have gladly paid the annual fee).

I appreciate any feedback, I don’t mean to be a complainer or rabble-rouser…
Unless we are in for another big surprise like the large increase in Winter rates, the Summer rates should be much lower than now. You might find the lower rates do not justify the need for a Priority membership. Just a thought....... And, if they decide to close the courses, you do not loose again.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Why don't you gladly pay for one year, then you'll be set for next winter.

Bingo!!
Old 04-11-2020, 08:09 AM

You can only count on the owners to do what is in their best interests, not yours. Just like playing golf off of dyed dormant bermuda instead of nice plush winter rye.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You take a shot at The Villages..........and then ask what is priority golf?
That is precious 😂 👍
Old 04-11-2020, 08:46 AM

I totally get it. I agree an extension for the difference should be allowed. Let's show compasion to those of us who support the golf courses.
It's one of the few outlets we have during these tough times. Most of us are on fixed incomes so any latitude the Golf Course Managment can extend to you and others in the same situation will be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:13 AM

I say keep trying. Most companies are trying their hardest to help in this crazy time. FL friendliest town should too.
Old 04-11-2020, 11:50 AM

When my husband had surgery and could not play for several months and with a doctor's letter we did get some credit to our next years renewal. We had a full year membership. So maybe they will come up with something. This is all new situation going on.
Old 04-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Call the t time office
Old 04-11-2020, 03:24 PM
Default Amenities

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgsJr View Post
My wife and I are Snowbirds (sorry). We own a Villa in Amelia and for 6 years we have paid for the 6-month Golf Priority membership (6-months = $792, Annual = $990, for a couple). I thought perhaps I could extend the 6-mth membership to a year membership by paying the difference of ~$200 as we are not able to travel under the circumstances: Covid19.

I spoke with a nice woman, “Sue”, at the Golf and Tennis Admin to inquire whether we could extend our 6 month membership to a year and pay the difference of $200 in consideration of our plight…Sue told me that the only option I have is to pay for another 6 months ($792) that I cannot extend my 6 month membership to a year. (under normal circumstances I can understand this…).

I asked to speak to her supervisor to see if an exception could be made and was told that her manager, “Kala”, was busy and would call me back. I haven’t heard back yet as I am sure Kala is rather busy…. My feeling is that with the unprecedented situation we find ourselves in there might be some accommodations made by The Villages to allow for a one-time extension. We will see when “Kala” returns my call.

Am I being unreasonable in asking for an extension for the $200 difference rather than having to pay another $800 for the next 6 months??? (Had I known last fall that I’d be here this summer due to the pandemic I would have gladly paid the annual fee).

I appreciate any feedback, I don’t mean to be a complainer or rabble-rouser…
It seems to me the idea is to encourage people to join in and have fun. IMHO, I think they should add a discounted monthly rate for all of the 6 additional months, one month at a time. This would accommodate many snowbird schedules and make a lot of part-time residents happy as well as bring in more money. And while we're discussing this idea, let's include gym memberships which suffer the same oversight.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
This absolutley made me laugh.
Closed Thread

Tags
membership, year, pay, extend, difference

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.