Fenney putting course hole in one?

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2017, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Fenney putting course hole in one?

I have not played any of the golf in Fenney to date. I do see in the news that they celebrate a hole in one on the putting course.
Is that not akin to a hole in one at putt-putt establishments?
Initial reaction is it seems like it may be a stretch to consider putting course hole in one with the recognition as executive or championship courses.

Having not played I am curious.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:39 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

It is by no means the equivalent of a Putt-Putt. Not everyone is capable of playing golf and to them getting a hole-in-one is something to be proud of. You should try the course before being critical, there are holes that are nearly impossible to get a hole-in-one. The course is a great amenity for those unable to play regular golf for whatever reason.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It is by no means the equivalent of a Putt-Putt. Not everyone is capable of playing golf and to them getting a hole-in-one is something to be proud of. You should try the course before being critical, there are holes that are nearly impossible to get a hole-in-one. The course is a great amenity for those unable to play regular golf for whatever reason.

I was not "...being critical...".........PLUS I did qualify that I had not played but was CURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

My questioning was/is all about getting first hand knowledge from those who have played there and did not criticize ANYTHING!

Please re-read my post.

Last edited by billethkid; 11-29-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Hole in one

As someone who has had holes-in-one on championship courses, executive courses, and mini-golf courses, I'll tell you mini-golf holes-in-one are harder. The artificial grass is slicker, and you must time your putt just right to get it through the whirling windmill blades. Also, the mini-golf holes are small. The holes at the Fenney putt-and-play are almost the size of Frisbees.

The bottom line, though, is holes-in-one are 10 percent skill and 90 percent luck regardless of the type of course.

Now, tell me this. If I get a hole-in-one at Fenney, do I have to buy drinks for everybody?
Old 11-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I have not played any of the golf in Fenney to date. I do see in the news that they celebrate a hole in one on the putting course.
Is that not akin to a hole in one at putt-putt establishments?
Initial reaction is it seems like it may be a stretch to consider putting course hole in one with the recognition as executive or championship courses.

Having not played I am curious.
It is not even close to a hole in one on a regulation course. In fact, the National One in One Association will not recognize aces mad on a course that has more than three par three holes per nine.

A hole in one on the putting course is simply a one putt on a real golf course.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:43 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

You are PUTTING for a hole in one. Sorry, but it is not the same to me and most all real golfers.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Gold member

We played on Monday and had a really fun time. Four of us who play Executive Courses, found it quite a challenge. The most difficult part was the long walk from the only parking, although we learned parking a block away willl be provided
Old 12-04-2017, 06:18 AM

I played it and had fun.

No, not the same as a hole in one on a golf course, but a pretty hard thing to do. The holes are bigger, but they make it challenging to play. So it might not be the same, but an accomplishment indeed.

I love to play it. Plus it is fun for those who don't golf as well. Great idea they came up with.

I will keep trying for one, just like I still try to do on any golf course. And if I get one, I'll buy the drinks 😁
Old 12-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Why do we care?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
hole, putting, fenney, played, reaction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.