Fitted clone golf clubs

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Default Fitted clone golf clubs

My buddy a new golfer wants to purchase a set of clubs but a $1,000 for a set of brand name clubs is a bit much for him.Back home in Pennsylvania I found a PGA pro who fitted and sold clone clubs.I purchased a set about 10 years ago and the clubs work fine.
Is there any place near TV to purchase fitted clone golf clubs?
Thank you.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Gold member

Not near The Villages but I have ordered clubs from them in the past and they are good to work with. Order on line or over the phone. If you are ordering for the first time I would suggest over the phone they are very helpful. They sell some brand names but more known for knock offs. You can build your own clubs by shaft, shaft length, and grip. This is a great way to start playing with out spending a lot of money.

See link below.

Pacific Golf Clubs - High quality hybrid golf sets and golf equipments at discount prices

Also another site that I have used for used clubs at a great price and have used them many times in the last several years. I have purchased used clubs rated at excellent condition and gotten brand new clubs with plastic still on them mint condition clubs are almost always new. My most recent purchase (last month) was a slightly used Taylor Made SLDR driver 2014 model in excellent condition for $159.00 this club new was $399.00. I highly recommend them for name brand clubs. Their used clubs are great and I have never been disappointed.

Used Golf Clubs & Preowned Golf Club Equipment at GlobalGolf.com
Old 02-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Golf Liquidators does this HOWEVER they used to be located on 466 in a strip mall just east of Morse Blvd. I thought I heard that they merged with another discount golf business near Belk (Spanish Springs).
Old 02-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Sage
Default A friend recommends...

I have not used this person, but my friend loves his new irons. My friend is around a 10 handicap and I have seen quite an improvement in his iron striking.

It may be worth stopping by and chatting as an option. This person make irons fitted to your swing. I want to say it was $400 for a set of irons?

Golf at the next level........his name is John Ford, 209 S Hwy 441....
352-751-6767

I am told that John Ford is an industry known master club maker, BUT I HAVE NEVER conformed his credentials. There are some articles on his methods and thinking found on the Internet.

good luck!
Old 02-10-2015, 11:26 PM

I would think that a new golfer would not be so tuned in to the game, swing, etc. that a particular brand of club would really make a difference to his/her game. I could be wrong but I think that a few seasons of playing would make them more aware of what they really need for their particular swing. Just sayin'.....
Old 02-11-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeisenhut View Post
I would think that a new golfer would not be so tuned in to the game, swing, etc. that a particular brand of club would really make a difference to his/her game. I could be wrong but I think that a few seasons of playing would make them more aware of what they really need for their particular swing. Just sayin'.....
Agreed. He should get his swing speed checked and then a set of used clubs with the proper shaft for his swing speed. I suggest something oversized and cavity backed. A wide sole would be advantageous as well.
Then, get some lessons and hit some range balls a couple weeks.
He needs to be swinging somewhat consistently to get properly fit.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

I have fit well over 300 people the last 5 years (3 at Golf Galaxy in metro STL and the last 2 at a course north of KC); go to TV Golf Expo show coming up and spend $50 to get fit, especially for swing speed/tempo to determine shaft flex. The person doing the fitting should also be able to tell you length of shaft, grip size and lie angle needed; these are all important specs needed to get the right clubs for you.

Then go on the 'net to TaylorMade Pre-Owned or Callaway Pre-Owned and get a real set of clubs (in the category of super game improvement or game improvement; stay away from forged blades); you probably won't find a set with all your specs, but at least find a set with the flex of shaft that matches your swing speed/tempo; the length, grip size and lie angle can all be changed by a reputable golf shop for a nominal fee.

You will spend a little more this way, but you'll be happier in the long run.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:28 AM
Gold member

Unless you are a fairly accomplished golfer you likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference from one decent set to the next....if you plan on just whacking it around the only real thing that matters are length and flex...you can get a used set at Palmers for a good price and they'll be good clubs...if you plan on taking it up seriously then get a series of lessons from a legit pga teaching pro and let them guide you to a set of clubs...custom fitted clubs for a beginner is useless...custom fitted clubs for someone who isn't going to practice regularly is useless...off the rack, the right length and right flex are all you need for social golf and you should be paying roughly $500 to >$1000 for a full set minus putter.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Golf Liquidators was bought out by the golf store that changes locations on 27/441. They were/are in the plaza that Francesco's is in. I bought a complete set of hybrids from Golf Liquidators by IDrive that I hit longer and straighter than my Adams A12's. They charge an initial $5 for fitting, then each club is made from those measurements. Many players in my group have some of them for different situations, and they all love them. If memory serves, after the fitting, they were around $45 each, but discounted if you bought more than one. The last time I was in there, they were still selling them. They are still in the Golf Liquidators location on 466.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
Unless you are a fairly accomplished golfer you likely wouldn't be able to tell the difference from one decent set to the next....if you plan on just whacking it around the only real thing that matters are length and flex...you can get a used set at Palmers for a good price and they'll be good clubs...if you plan on taking it up seriously then get a series of lessons from a legit pga teaching pro and let them guide you to a set of clubs...custom fitted clubs for a beginner is useless...custom fitted clubs for someone who isn't going to practice regularly is useless...off the rack, the right length and right flex are all you need for social golf and you should be paying roughly $500 to >$1000 for a full set minus putter.
If a person plans on just whacking it around, length and flex aren't even going to matter for that. However, if they want to enjoy the game more, not embarrass themselves with 99% of their shots and somewhat keep the pace of play up for the rest of us, TAKE SOME LESSONS and at least get the basics of the swing, posture, grip (most important), club selection, rules, course management - see, golf is more than just whacking it around and it's still just as fun. And, you don't have to be a fairly accomplished golfer to tell the difference between super game improvement, game improvement and players clubs - there is a big difference in the three.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.