Fix Your Ball Marks Folks!

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Fix Your Ball Marks Folks!

The greens at the Belmont executive course have been aerated and sanded. People apparently think this means they do not need to fix their ball marks. Wrong!! Use your heads and do this simple step to help keep the greens in the best condition possible.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:19 PM

😢
Old 05-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
������
Totally agree!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchase View Post
������
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichard View Post
Totally agree!
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I know exactly what Mleeja is saying. Maybe she is talking about you. Sorry.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

After 13 years in TV I can ONLY conclude, far too many must believe fixing ball marks, filling in divots and raking sand in bunkers...IS SOMEBODY ELSES JOB!!!

What other possible explanation can there possibly be.....I could mention a couple more reasons but then I would have to ignore being polite!!
Old 05-06-2017, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
After 13 years in TV I can ONLY conclude, far too many must believe fixing ball marks, filling in divots and raking sand in bunkers...IS SOMEBODY ELSES JOB!!!

What other possible explanation can there possibly be.....I could mention a couple more reasons but then I would have to ignore being polite!!
OK, in that case I'm happy to be impolite

Lets try:

Lazy
Entitled
Self absorbed

But to leave an out for some of them, how about the worlds most ignorant beginners?
Old 05-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Platinum member

I agree. And think about raking a sand trap after you've tromped around in it, would ya? Rude and inconsiderate do not make for good neighbors, or a good community.
Old 05-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

I remember someone on here years ago saying that someone said doing all that was the Ambassador's job.

NO....it is the JOB of each golfer, for those who truly do not know.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 05-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Gee, I thought that the snow birds were responsible the ball marks in the greens
Old 05-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Over the years, I have accumulated a lot of metal divot tools that some golf courses give out free.

I have probably given away about a dozen of them in the last 6 years here, when I mention to someone about repairing their pitch marks and they give a lame excuse about not having a divot tool with them.

After explaining that I know they have tees on them and that they can also be used (if properly trained) to repair pitch marks...I'll then give them a divot tool so they no longer have an excuse.

I'm sure a lot of them probably only used it while playing with me and still don't bother to do the right thing, but hey...at least I gave it a shot.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Over the years, I have accumulated a lot of metal divot tools that some golf courses give out free.

I have probably given away about a dozen of them in the last 6 years here, when I mention to someone about repairing their pitch marks and they give a lame excuse about not having a divot tool with them.

After explaining that I know they have tees on them and that they can also be used (if properly trained) to repair pitch marks...I'll then give them a divot tool so they no longer have an excuse.

I'm sure a lot of them probably only used it while playing with me and still don't bother to do the right thing, but hey...at least I gave it a shot.

It's not only the thought that counts - but in your case, the effort. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-06-2017, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

This drives me absolutely insane. I must fix 5-10 on every green on every course that I play.

I fully understand that there are a lot of people playing who are new to golf and may not understand the rules and etiquette of the game. But I always think that anyone that's good enough to make a ball mark should know enough to fix it.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Problem will never get better until ambassadors are empowered to watch and confront abusers.
I also usually look for two or three on each green to repair. Almost never am without success.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

As I have said many, many, many times, there are the self-anointed privileged/entitled that live amongst us that leaves the tidying up of the golf courses to us less fortunate, lower rung on the ladder, people.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:08 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Gee, I thought that the snow birds were responsible the ball marks in the greens
Now we know the truth.
Closed Thread

Tags
fix, greens, ball, marks, heads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.