Four carts per fousome...

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
My trail fee gives me the right to drive my cart on exec courses. Don't think they can force me to ride with someone else.
The difference being that you're driving on a path on the Exec's, with the exception of a few par 4's depending on the course. But even then, 4 carts should not be driving on the fairway.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Just finished playing, posed the question to the starter. Three carts is the max per foursomes. If golfers want four, someone will not be playing
Easy Peasy - You tell the starter the person your doubling up with smoker. Give the starter the choice of either telling the golfer he can't smoke or you the starter make the decision of who is not playing. I suspect we are talking about the difference between rules and guidelines on this subject.

Last edited by rustyp; 03-12-2020 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:07 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

And last time I checked, 2 people was not considered a crowd. So if your concern is your golfing buddies have it just stay away from them. Self quarantine as you think you might need. Would you still go to the movies, to the Sharon? Dance on the square? Someone here in the Villages will be the first reported case here and than it will spread like wild fire. So practice self controlled quarantine now.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Yes, ridiculous. If you are afraid to be minimally and briefly exposed to ONE other person, it's time to lock yourself in your home with a barricade.
“Minimally” or “briefly” can result in a positive test result for the virus. It is time to unite against the virus, not each other. There is no excuse to be selfish or foolish. If this is indeed America’s Friendliest Hometown, we should look out for one other.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It would also help if golfers didn't continually drive their carts straight up the middle of the fairway to get to their balls. Everyone should be utilizing the 90 degree rule. And this goes for the maintenance people as well, who typically drive down the fairways to get to a green. Stay in the rough when at all possible
I worked at a country club in Virginia. The members regularly drove past the cart path markers in the rough. I asked the superintendent is that should be allowed. He said that was contrary to his preference and should not be permitted. His reason was the rough is much more sensitive to damage than the fairway. The fairway is fertilized, aerated, irrigated, and treated with fungicides, insecticides, and other chemicals to strengthen it. The rough is pretty much on its own. So, he prepared a club policy handout to firmly ask members to not ride in the rough past the cart path markers. Essentially, he told them that if the wanted to violated the clubs rule, they should stay in the fairway.

Those of us who have played on many courses have encountered courses where the entry and exit points to the fairway are restricted and players are instructed to stay in the fairway except at the entry and exit points.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danglanzsr View Post
I worked at a country club in Virginia. The members regularly drove past the cart path markers in the rough. I asked the superintendent is that should be allowed. He said that was contrary to his preference and should not be permitted. His reason was the rough is much more sensitive to damage than the fairway. The fairway is fertilized, aerated, irrigated, and treated with fungicides, insecticides, and other chemicals to strengthen it. The rough is pretty much on its own. So, he prepared a club policy handout to firmly ask members to not ride in the rough past the cart path markers. Essentially, he told them that if the wanted to violated the clubs rule, they should stay in the fairway.

Those of us who have played on many courses have encountered courses where the entry and exit points to the fairway are restricted and players are instructed to stay in the fairway except at the entry and exit points.
That is true on many courses, even some I've played in Florida. Innisbrook and PGA National do that all the time in order to allow the rough to grow for their PGA tournaments. But here in TV, just look at the hardpan, no grass "fairways", and probably it's a better idea to stay off them as much as possible
Old 03-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
“Minimally” or “briefly” can result in a positive test result for the virus. It is time to unite against the virus, not each other. There is no excuse to be selfish or foolish. If this is indeed America’s Friendliest Hometown, we should look out for one other.
Touching a surface that an infected person contacted 9 hours earlier can also result in a positive test, which is even a briefer and more minimal contact, so what's your point? Surely you can't compare the risk of exposure to ONE person in an open air cart to 1,000 people packed into a closed auditorium. Or am I just being "selfish" and "foolish"????
Old 03-12-2020, 08:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I hope the next time you play a Chinese person wants to ride with you.
Your choice not to play, how do I know you did just have someone from bike week at your house last night.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:31 AM
Veteran member

For all you golfing genius's, I live on Belle Glade. Just looked out and there are four carts in one foursome teeing off on a hole on Seminole. Guess someone read my suggestion.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
For all you golfing genius's, I live on Belle Glade. Just looked out and there are four carts in one foursome teeing off on a hole on Seminole. Guess someone read my suggestion.
I live on Evans Prairie and saw that a few times. But I still think 2 carts have to stay on the cart path/rough. (They didn't, of course, since once the ambassador is out of sight the mice will play)
Old 03-12-2020, 09:51 AM

Not a bad idea. May not be necessary but who knows. People don’t get how serious this is. The next two months are important. Every precaution should be taken even if they sound foolish to some. Look at our population. No one is going to like the precautions but let’s do our best without too much grumbling if you disagree. This kind of threat is new to all of us. We just don’t know What’s ahead except it spreads so easily.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Once again, for you who did not think my post of "four carts per foursome" was a good idea and even called it "ridiculous" please check the Villages News website and you will see that it has in fact been put into action for the time being. Thanks for you attention! You can request to ride alone and your request will be approved.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:28 AM

Check the other thread on this subject. Someone says for the time being, 4 carts allowed, even on the fairway.
Closed Thread

Tags
person, carts, returned, cart, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.