Golf 5-somes?

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2020, 12:01 PM
Default Golf 5-somes?

So, is this a new thing here in TV? I never knew this was allowed, but recently I've seen several five-somes playing full rounds. I was stuck behind a few in the past couple of weeks (before hurricane). One group was even broken up, but then just merged right back together? Anyone else running into this?
Old 11-13-2020, 12:35 PM

Could you see the group in FRONT of them? Normally 5 is not allowed. We've been stuck behind a group before and the 3 or 2 joins which actually moves the line along better.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfie McGolferson View Post
So, is this a new thing here in TV? I never knew this was allowed, but recently I've seen several five-somes playing full rounds. I was stuck behind a few in the past couple of weeks (before hurricane). One group was even broken up, but then just merged right back together? Anyone else running into this?
Was this at an executive or a championship, how could that even happen when all the courses are operated by computerized teetimes. When the ambassador came by, did you question him about what you were seeing, did you make a complaint at the club house?

I've been playing here since 2011 and have never seen a fivesome. I only read about it once, when looking at reviews of Water Oak Estates and that was one of the complaints about slow play, how they will allow fivesomes and even sixsomes to play.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:45 PM

Five somes are allowed IF approved by management, and it depends on the course can handle it. If the course is full or there are no gaps the request will be turned down.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

In the past few weeks we have noticed at least couple times a day of 5 group, on the tee. Never noticed before. At first thought maybe one had a need for assistance to play golf. But with more 5somes, that probably isn’t the case.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:59 AM

I am old fashioned. A twosome is fine with me.
Only a real swinger would enjoy a fivesome.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Lots of visitors this time of year...maybe spectators, and allowed...we see a lot of them on the champs
Old 11-14-2020, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Having actually worked at here at the courses I can say fivesomes are NOT allowed. They typically become a five some when no ambassador is around...split up when told(unless the ambassador isn't doing their job).

Personally I have no issue with a fivesome unless they are slowing up play. A word with either the ambassador or golf shop will stop the practice.

Lastly if it's one of the village big wigs they do as they please....
Old 11-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Veteran member

I have seen several on Yankee Clipper, never on a Championship course yet. Some people will try anything like playing when the course is closed. Last year a family with small kids was playing on Yankee Clipper and it was almost dark. I reminded them nicely of the alligator who lives in the pond beyond the hole. That did the trick.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, weeks, hurricane, group, broken

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.