Golf Ambassador Prescreening

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Default Golf Ambassador Prescreening

Can anyone tell me what the pre screening process is like for this job. I heard it is a group event but I am not sure what exactly the purpose of this is before one is granted an interview. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verchachi View Post
Can anyone tell me what the pre screening process is like for this job. I heard it is a group event but I am not sure what exactly the purpose of this is before one is granted an interview. Any insight would be appreciated.
Why not call golf course admin. To get correct info?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Veteran member

Why can't he ask here if anyone has been thru the process?
Old 08-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verchachi View Post
Maybe it's to see if you go along with the way they want to do things......or to see if you don't see the purpose of their way of doing things.

Don't reinvent the wheel til you're hired.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Platinum member

When I attended the prescreening, it was a group process. There were about 30 of us and we were divided into groups of about 6 or 8 for team work. We had to do some roll playing exercises pertaining to possible scenarios one might be faced with on the job. Also, we watched a short film and had a questionnaire we had to answer, which was more of a psychologic review than anything. Whole process was about an hour or so and then I got a call probably 3 or 4 weeks after that. I might also say that I had waited about 2 or 3 months for the interview from the time I put in the application. Apparently, they only have these sessions a few times a year from which they make their decisions and then notify the applicants as the need arises. Good Luck!
Old 08-03-2017, 02:49 PM

do ambassadors get assigned to a certain course or are they moved around
Old 08-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have it on good authority that the Developer developed artificial intelligence (AI) robots to replace human ambassadors. These robots use algorithms in predicting certain scenarios. Such as a golfer explaining "ambassador play is slow " Ambassador "have a nice day, enjoy your round, do you need water?"

In addition they pick up broken tees, travel the course to offer water to golfers and replace markers. Best of all since robots don't get OT they roam the course 24/7 to keep people off the courses after hours
Old 08-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I have it on good authority that the Developer developed artificial intelligence (AI) robots to replace human ambassadors. These robots use algorithms in predicting certain scenarios. Such as a golfer explaining "ambassador play is slow " Ambassador "have a nice day, enjoy your round, do you need water?"

In addition they pick up broken tees, travel the course to offer water to golfers and replace markers. Best of all since robots don't get OT they roam the course 24/7 to keep people off the courses after hours
I do have a picture of them

They don't smile much.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	robot.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	70709  
Old 08-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverobertson2000 View Post
do ambassadors get assigned to a certain course or are they moved around
They are assigned. When a position opens then it gets filled just as with any other job you might have.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:39 PM
Gold member
Default Weeellll...only partially true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
They are assigned. When a position opens then it gets filled just as with any other job you might have.
new positions get filled by those with the most seniority first...if they want to change courses/jobs...then it is an assignment of the new kids.

Knowledge is key...
Old 08-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Platinum member

A lot of times, you are able to work more hours than you are assigned on a regular schedule. People take vacations and other time off and there are always opportunities available to fill them.

Tags
purpose, granted, appreciated, insight, interview

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.