Golf Ambassadors

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Doesn't matter who walks off. It will open up a slot and, increase the speed of play for anyone behind them.
Not if the group(s) behind the open slot don't play any faster, they will just have more open holes ahead of them
Old 11-04-2015, 11:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Could you imagine

For all of the "follow the rules people" out there. You are allowed 5 minutes to look for your lost ball.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
For all of the "follow the rules people" out there. You are allowed 5 minutes to look for your lost ball.
That's not for me.
I buy mine at yard sales for about 10 cents each. If I can't walk up to the ball, I just drop another. I hate looking for balls, especially someone else's.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Tee'd off 15 minutes early on Pelican yesterday and completed the round in under 90 minutes! Oh, didn't lose any balls!
When I play pelican with my pals, it doesn't matter what you shoot as much as it does that you didn't loose a ball. You can be doing great and than comes 9. By the way,,,they trimmed up Pelican, gave it a haircut and it looks great, like a different course.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am glad to hear that Pelican is looking better. I haven't played there in a bit and the last time out it was looking a bit shaggy and hole 7 was closed. Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
When I play pelican with my pals, it doesn't matter what you shoot as much as it does that you didn't loose a ball. You can be doing great and than comes 9. By the way,,,they trimmed up Pelican, gave it a haircut and it looks great, like a different course.

Last edited by tuccillo; 11-04-2015 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Pelican is a "4". I don't believe you will find many novice golfers on it. When I play there, the pace of play is always good.

Quote:
Tee'd off 15 minutes early on Pelican yesterday and completed the round in under 90 minutes! Oh, didn't lose any balls!
Old 11-04-2015, 02:23 PM
Bosoxfan

Slow play is mainly due to ,for lack of a better word, "inconsiderate" or "uneducated folks. You see as long as you are keeping up with the group in front of you things will be fine. Things that can help speed up play are ..leaving the greens when you're done...carry your clubs in your hand to the cart..don't put them away until you reach the next tee box. This is also the time you can mark your score card and discuss amongst your playing partners where you're going for dinner. Make sure you park your cart behind the green and walk off the green towards your cart. Parking your cart halfway between tee & green then going back for it after you finish the hole slows play considerably. Also as stated previously in this & many similar threads pick up after double par.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
...allowing 5 minutes to find your ball on an exec course where pace of play should be about 9 minutes per hole is way too much time!
Old 11-04-2015, 03:02 PM

I'm a novice learning golf. I sincerely hope I do not inconvenience experienced golfers. I love the ambassadors on the courses I have played. I find them to be very helpful when asked and encouraging. One gave my husband a coupon for the pro shop just for repairing the marks on the green ( yours plus one more is what I learned in the good golf school). Here's what I do to try to respect others. We play late in the day when the course is less crowded. If I get slow, I skip my tee shot and just drop my ball where my husbands tee shot lands. He is teaching me, but limits the "tips" to one per hole. I pick up my ball if I reach 6 strokes. I play only the executive courses rated 1 or 2 for difficulty. I watch the people behind me and if they are moving faster, I skip a hole. I carry my chipper and putter as I approach the green and always park the cart past the green. Again, I hope I don't inconvenience anyone. I love playing -and find its beautiful on our courses here! More advice?

Old 11-04-2015, 03:17 PM
Sage
Default Golf Ambassadors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGranny View Post
I'm a novice learning golf. I sincerely hope I do not inconvenience experienced golfers. I love the ambassadors on the courses I have played. I find them to be very helpful when asked and encouraging. One gave my husband a coupon for the pro shop just for repairing the marks on the green ( yours plus one more is what I learned in the good golf school). Here's what I do to try to respect others. We play late in the day when the course is less crowded. If I get slow, I skip my tee shot and just drop my ball where my husbands tee shot lands. He is teaching me, but limits the "tips" to one per hole. I pick up my ball if I reach 6 strokes. I play only the executive courses rated 1 or 2 for difficulty. I watch the people behind me and if they are moving faster, I skip a hole. I carry my chipper and putter as I approach the green and always park the cart past the green. Again, I hope I don't inconvenience anyone. I love playing -and find its beautiful on our courses here! More advice?
My advice...Keep up the good work, DG!!
Old 11-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
My advice...Keep up the good work, DG!!
I'll second that

Polar Bear knows what he is talking about (usually) (Sorry, just had to do it)
Old 11-04-2015, 06:52 PM

I don't think so, they have no authority to do anything.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=fred53;1139509]that you're playing an executive course and you're right we are glorified water boys, but some of us are more proactive than others...still there are a limited number of things we can do to speed up groups like that.

Playing a local course today, one of the ambassadors stopped to offer water and I noted that he had taken this thread to heart. Obviously becoming more proactive- in his cart he was carrying an exceptionally large hammer.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckscounty View Post
I don't think so, they have no authority to do anything.
Absolutely 100% not true. I am an ambassador and I know better.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Absolutely 100% not true. I am an ambassador and I know better.

Mulligan. I want to thank you again, for your patience and for remaining on the job here. I couldn't do what you are doing and I couldn't be a server here.

There are so many selfish and demanding seniors that I would quit in five minutes.

I have yet to meet an Ambassador on any of our golf courses here who wasn't helpful, very much on the job and every one of them knows golf well and are veteran golfers themselves. They are gentleman and ladies with very engaging personalities and groups I have been in have been reminded gently to speed it up. (I want everyone to know that slow play wasn't my fault)

Thank you Mulligan. Don't quit!!!!!! But I want to ask.... Are you allowed to eject people from the course? I never thought so...

Tags
ambassadors, golf, pace, playing, slow, holes, hole, minutes, tees, front, play, people, nice, group, mentioned, ambassador, casually, water, picking, open, balls, spaced, pick, authority, rake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.