golf anyone?

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Default golf anyone?

Flying in tomorrow from San Diego for a month rental in TV. This is my first visit, except for about 8 hours one day last December, passing through. This will be a learning experience leading, hopefully, to a permanent move. Fortunately, I don't have a house to sell.
Would like to play the championship courses, and many of the execs while I'm there. I would especially like to meet some TOTV golfers and learn more about village life and the nuts and bolts of golf in TV, such as the reservations system, different courses, etc. No set agenda, so I can play any day and time. You can post here or PM me. Not looking forward to the early AM cross country flights (2) but anxious to get there.
Thanks

sdgolfer
Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Here is a site to get started.
http://www.golfthevillages.com/
Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Veteran member

I sent you a private message.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

SDG
During your stay you will want to go to the new resident orientation that I think is held on Thursdays at 10:00 at the Sumter Landing District Office on 466. This is presented by the VCDD and is very informative. When you get to TV you will want to call the district and verify the time and date.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Default VCDD Orientation

Hawkwind,

Thanks for the reminder. I read about this some time ago.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Default Golfing partner needed for guest

My cousin is coming to visit on August 24 and 25. He has a handicap of 20 and would like to play some golf while he is here. We don't play and are very new to The Villages, so do not yet know anyone to partner with him. Can any golfer help us out? We want to be sure that he has a great time on his first visit! Thanks!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.