Golf Apps - Which Do You Use

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2015, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thumbs down Golf Apps - Which Do You Use

I'm checking out Swing X Swing. Seems pretty decent. But before I commit to one for (hopefully) the long term, I'd like to hear what you use and what you think of it.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Gold member

Sorry, but I don't use one. Don't see the need. Unless you're a pro or going to be one it's easy to keep the stats you need without having to enter them onto a device.

As for club distance I just hit a number of balls with one club and measure the distance(it's done on a calm day with 60-80 degree temps). I use the distance that the majority land and that's the distance I hit that club while using a normal swing. I then do that swing with all my clubs for their distance and practice swinging at that speed.

All those numbers that you'll get will not replace a swing you can replicate and that can only be accomplished on the range....then taken to the course...lessons are a must if you don't have a repeatable swing...

Number one is being honest in your own swing evaluation...most golfers are not...
Old 02-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Sage

Apps, Schmapps
Start looking when you're averaging 2 under from the blacks on the execs or from the back tees on the championship courses for an edge.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Sage
Default Golf Apps - Which Do You Use

Aww guys, come on. With all due respect, I think you're missing the point a bit. I don't have any delusions that a golf app will improve my game. I'll admit I'm a tech geek and like some of the stats that an app can keep for you. But I don't really give a hoot about that. I know how far I hit my clubs...on those rare occasions I hit them solid at least...heheh.

But any decent golf app is also a distance meter among many other things. Swing x Swing gives distances to fronts and rears of greens from your ball position, distances to hazards and distances to any point on the course you point to. It gives wind speed and direction with adjusted distances if you like. And the amazing thing to me is, from what I've seen so far, all this info is very accurate. I also like that it logs my scores on all courses I play. Much more too.

I think this is pretty cool stuff.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 AM

I love swing x swing. Have been using it for about a year. I have shown others and they seem to like it also. I don't use it for the stats as much as I do for the range. You do need a good data plan though. Still a lot cheaper than a golf gps.

Rollie
Old 02-13-2015, 07:46 AM

I use Golf Buddy Voice and love it
Old 02-13-2015, 08:09 AM

I most recently purchased 3 Bays GPS Pro Swing analyzer, a device that plugs into you grip, and sync's to your phone or iPad. It measures swing speed, temp, distance carried, open or closed face impact force etc. I also use Golfshot GPS on the course. One other app I have used for several years is V1 Golf coaching system.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I also use Golfshot GPS on the course. I use it on an iPhone.

It's good for distances, club recording and score keeping.

I believe it's $29.99 in the app store, but you only pay that once and all future upgrades are free.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Aww guys, come on. With all due respect, I think you're missing the point a bit. I don't have any delusions that a golf app will improve my game. I'll admit I'm a tech geek and like some of the stats that an app can keep for you. But I don't really give a hoot about that. I know how far I hit my clubs...on those rare occasions I hit them solid at least...heheh.

But any decent golf app is also a distance meter among many other things. Swing x Swing gives distances to fronts and rears of greens from your ball position, distances to hazards and distances to any point on the course you point to. It gives wind speed and direction with adjusted distances if you like. And the amazing thing to me is, from what I've seen so far, all this info is very accurate. I also like that it logs my scores on all courses I play. Much more too.

I think this is pretty cool stuff.
I use Swing by Swing, and like it a lot. In addition to the set distances, you can touch where you want your ball to end up, and it will give your distance from your present location to that point.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.