Golf bunkers

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2020, 06:58 AM

Realy?
Old 05-15-2020, 07:12 AM

Course rules dictate play, so roll the ball out of footprints.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:24 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
I will do this once the Daily Sun stops printing ridiculous holes in ones which did not go in the hole. Hitting the PVC pipes that were previously in place is not a hole a one.
The USGA would disagree with you and others who claim it can't be a hole in one.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/ho...statement.html

From the perspective of the Rules of Handicapping, the most frequent questions received are primarily related to the acceptability of scores for posting to a player’s scoring record. In particular, relating to modifying the hole and not requiring the player to “hole out” as required under the Rules of Golf. These are founded in a desire to minimize the possibility of exposing golfers to coronavirus and have included leaving the hole liner raised above the putting surface or placing various objects into the hole so the ball can be more easily removed. In these specific cases, provided guidance from health and governmental officials is being followed, a temporary measure is in place within the United States to accept scores played under these conditions for handicap purposes using the most likely score guidelines, even though the player has not holed out.

This temporary measure is now in effect within the United States until advised otherwise by the USGA.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltdisney4life View Post
Course rules dictate play, so roll the ball out of footprints.
Actually, the Ambassadors our group spoke with said The Villages course rule is Option 1 provided by the USGA - Move the ball from the bunker, no closer to the hole, and play on with no penalty.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/ho...ping-faqs.html

Ground under repair could be used in two different manners. The first being to declare all bunkers to be ground under repair and treat them as part of the general area. This would allow players the option to take free relief outside the bunker under Rule 16.1. The second is to treat disturbed areas only as ground under repair. This would still allow a player free relief from such areas, but would require such relief to be taken elsewhere within the bunker.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post

Needed a good joke

Thanks

Come on didn’t you know these are PGA tour players here.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:38 AM

personally, I never lie in the bunkers...….
Old 05-15-2020, 07:47 AM
Default Raking sandtraps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan1126 View Post
I know there a no rakes in the bunkers but could you at least TRY to smooth out your footprints with your foot or your club. Some of us still believe in “play it as it lies” in a bunker and landing in your footprint does make it more difficult.
I totally understand your concern and reasoning but trying to rake traps with your feet or club is very time consuming, slowing play and you can't really get it right no matter how you try. These are unique times and we aren't pros. It's just a game to occupy us in retirement so don't take it that seriously. Do what the majority of us do and just place it, hit it and move on. Or do like me and never hit into a trap!!😂😂😂
Old 05-15-2020, 07:51 AM
Default Pro golfers in the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post

Come on didn’t you know these are PGA tour players here.
Many of them think they are and I don't like playing with them. They are gonna give themselves heart attacks and I don't keep a defibulator in my cart!!! 😂😂😂
Old 05-15-2020, 08:33 AM

Yes just enjoy the game as best you can and since you can’t change all the bad things going on in bunkers, I’m guessing it’s fruitless to worry about them also. FORE
Old 05-15-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan1126 View Post
I know there a no rakes in the bunkers but could you at least TRY to smooth out your footprints with your foot or your club. Some of us still believe in “play it as it lies” in a bunker and landing in your footprint does make it more difficult.
Put a rake in your cart , and have at it😅, what exactly is a bunker , I don’t believe I’ve ever been in one😂
Old 05-15-2020, 10:35 AM
Default Hole in one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
I will do this once the Daily Sun stops printing ridiculous holes in ones which did not go in the hole. Hitting the PVC pipes that were previously in place is not a hole a one.
Absolutely Agree! Always thought golf was a “gentlemen’s” game. Even with a four bazillion handicap, one can have a hole in one 😒
Old 05-15-2020, 10:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marykess1802 View Post
Absolutely Agree! Always thought golf was a “gentlemen’s” game. Even with a four bazillion handicap, one can have a hole in one 😒
Yes, because it's mostly luck for us amateurs anyway. God people just get over it!
Steve
Old 05-15-2020, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
The USGA would disagree with you and others who claim it can't be a hole in one.

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/ho...statement.html

From the perspective of the Rules of Handicapping, the most frequent questions received are primarily related to the acceptability of scores for posting to a player’s scoring record. In particular, relating to modifying the hole and not requiring the player to “hole out” as required under the Rules of Golf. These are founded in a desire to minimize the possibility of exposing golfers to coronavirus and have included leaving the hole liner raised above the putting surface or placing various objects into the hole so the ball can be more easily removed. In these specific cases, provided guidance from health and governmental officials is being followed, a temporary measure is in place within the United States to accept scores played under these conditions for handicap purposes using the most likely score guidelines, even though the player has not holed out.

This temporary measure is now in effect within the United States until advised otherwise by the USGA.

And therein lies the truth of the local rule---MOST LIKELY SCORE When you slam the ball into the pipe and it bounces 40 feet away, it WAS NOT
going in the hole. You can pretty much tell if it was going in or not. Now, with the pipe sunk below the level of the green, some are too high and a putt that clearly was going in can roll over the pipe and back out.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:13 AM

Was going to suggest same thing. You beat me to it
Old 05-15-2020, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick010207 View Post
Was going to suggest same thing. You beat me to it
You snooze, you lose
Closed Thread

Tags
bunkers, “play, golf, club, bunker

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.