Golf Cart Policy on TV Courses Starting June 1

Closed Thread
Old 05-21-2021, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LErmer View Post
My days of playing Men's Day is finished for now. NO WAY am I going to ride within inches of a person (for 4 hours) that I do not know whether they have been vaccinated or not. I did not spend the last year being extremely careful to give up now. It is too soon to implement this action. Just another summer (snowbirds gone) to dump on the Villagers that live here year round.
You know you're ALLOWED to mandate that passengers wear masks while on YOUR golf cart right?
Old 05-21-2021, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The fee is based on the cart itself, not how many people are sitting in it.
Actually, that is not correct. If one is a priority member, the trail fee only applies to that person, unless they have a couples priority membership in which case they are both covered. If a resident is not priority, but pays the trail fee, the trail fee applies to the household. We paid the trail fee for 6 months during the winter and both my wife and I were able to play the executives without the $4 per round trail fee. However, if I had a guest come visit and we played an executive, the guest riding in my cart would still have to pay the $4 trail fee, along with another $11 for not being a resident (I believe that fee drops to $7 during the slower season).
Old 05-21-2021, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
This could get interesting. There is no way anyone is getting in my cart unless I am certain that they have been vaccinated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
because if you had it means you can't get covid from someone else...or did you just get vaccinated because you like the needle?

Being ignorant is a choice a person makes even though they have the proper information available. Being stupid is not knowing the information they require is available.
A friendly word of advise, if you feel the need to attack someone, at least do it intelligently or it just makes you look stupid and makes your attack look like its self-inflicted. I would suggest reading your posts very carefully before hitting the submit button, and looking at yourself in the mirror, albeit a very short mirror so your head is not cut off, and be sure your post actually contains something resembling even a shred of logic.

Also, thanks for making it so easy for me to respond to your attack.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The fee is based on the cart itself, not how many people are sitting in it.
Not true

From Golf The Villages

"Trail fees apply to the individual not the golf car. If you wish to bring a "guest" please be aware of all the policies regarding guest play."

This stuff is really not too hard to find

Last edited by stanley; 05-21-2021 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 08:55 PM

Seems like many people here have no friends to go out golfing with.
Those stragglers that come by themselves then wanting to sit there *** on someone else's cart, Go find a friend and team up!
Old 05-21-2021, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
A friendly word of advise, if you feel the need to attack someone, at least do it intelligently or it just makes you look stupid and makes your attack look like its self-inflicted. I would suggest reading your posts very carefully before hitting the submit button, and looking at yourself in the mirror, albeit a very short mirror so your head is not cut off, and be sure your post actually contains something resembling even a shred of logic.

Also, thanks for making it so easy for me to respond to your attack.
Confused....what was not logical about the post?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-22-2021, 04:54 AM
Veteran member

So we are to follow CDC guidelines. Two in a cart but maintain 6 ft social distancing if the other person is not vaccinated!
Old 05-22-2021, 05:08 AM

The annual trail fee, if you pay it, is for exec courses. Trail fee for championship courses is included in the cost you pay to play. One way to be able to avoid being paired up is to tell them you smoke.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Got to admit, everything is so simple and easy to understand on TOYV!
Old 05-22-2021, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Isn't there still the option to have more than two carts, just not in the fairway??
I spoke with a starter yesterday about a third cart which can occur when a 4th is added to a three-some. He said the 3rd cart would have to remain on the cart path. Seems to me, this was the pre-Covid policy.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

Bay Kid....not walking in 98 degree heat
Old 05-22-2021, 06:10 AM

Oh horrors. If you have been vaccinated, what difference does it make. Hope I never end up in your foursome.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

The courses have taken a beating with double the cart traffic for a year. I don’t blame them for limiting 2 carts per foursome. Most
people like the convenience of riding in their own cart alone and many try to make an argument about safety when it is really about convenience yet go everywhere without a mask now that they are vaccinated.

Old 05-22-2021, 06:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
I spoke with a starter yesterday about a third cart which can occur when a 4th is added to a three-some. He said the 3rd cart would have to remain on the cart path. Seems to me, this was the pre-Covid policy.
The question becomes---who is the "third cart"? Generally, it has been the single that refuses to double up. Of course that can end up to be the guy with the RA tag, which creates problems as well. There is going to be a meeting about this Tuesday, so time will tell.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

There are no trail fees on Championship courses.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cars, june, request, limiting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.