Golf cart requirements.

Golf cart requirements.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 11:37 AM

Back in the day I owned a few of those golf cars. They worked fine on the golf course. In my opinion I think you should rethink your decision to bring it to the villages. If you can find a high speed rear end to enable you to drive it on the golf cart paths, I think it would be very unstable. They were not meant to drive 19 mph. Also, in January, February and most of March you will freeze to death without a windshield. I think you will be very disappointed in the end result. Those golf cars were fine in their day but that day is long gone. Just my opinion.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyman View Post
Back in the day I owned a few of those golf cars. They worked fine on the golf course. In my opinion I think you should rethink your decision to bring it to the villages. If you can find a high speed rear end to enable you to drive it on the golf cart paths, I think it would be very unstable. They were not meant to drive 19 mph. Also, in January, February and most of March you will freeze to death without a windshield. I think you will be very disappointed in the end result. Those golf cars were fine in their day but that day is long gone. Just my opinion.
Excellent advice.

Perhaps the OP does not realize that all of our carts are capable of 20mph. Going only 10-12 will create a line behind him on the street. Going 20 will make a three wheeler hazardous.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

IMO the problem is not on the golf course, but getting to golf courses. You will have drive on streets, in the diamond lanes, and on the MMP. To do so you're cart IMO has to have lights, which would include minimum of brakes lights, tail lights, and head lights, I don't know if blinkers lights are mandatory, but probably are? Also the MMPs are winding with curves, IMO the three wheeled cart traveling over ten or so mph could become hazardous.

Now if you cranked it up to twenty mph will the brakes hold up? Believe it or not even modern golf carts going Twenty MPH Down paths and streets pushing the limits. Few carts are built to handle twenty plus mph with disk brakes or Four wheel breaking and beefed up systems. Star, par, and gem golf carts come to mind and of course the new atomic carts. I didn't include Yamaha, club cars, or other brands that just have rear wheel brakes? IMO Rear wheel brakes not enough for carts going 20 PLus MPH.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:44 PM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

I am not sure if they are legal or not, but my initial thought has been brought up by others. Those things can roll over very easily. There is a reason they stopped making them. And they roll over easy before being modified to do 20 mph and being driven on pavement. An accident waiting to happen. Stay safe!
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, golf, requirements, cart, light