Golf Cart Use on Championship Courses

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2020, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Go with him as a golfer, but play or don't play. That way he can ride in his cart and not with someone he doesn't know...

Pretty expensive solution.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:27 AM

I’ve never heard of such a thing. I played many times in I own gancarz
Old 03-15-2020, 06:28 AM

It all sounds like panic to me.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Good Detective work!

Maybe her "hubby" should only play the Execs and walk while playing so he can keep his "social distance".

Both of them need to realize that sometimes how you approach people dictates the response to them. If someone approaches me with an attitude that their s**t doesn't stink and everything has to be their way, things are not going to go their way.

Maybe they've been approaching people at the golf courses the wrong way for those 8 years.
That was an unnecessarily nasty response to a very real health concern.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
If you are high risk, why would you take a chance of leaving your home?
Except for the proximity issue mentioned, it’s one of the safest activities from the virus perspective
Old 03-15-2020, 06:59 AM

Well spoken,Villages Florida. Common sense should rule right now and allow your husband to ride by himself. Which is more important, keeping him healthy or protecting some turf?
Old 03-15-2020, 06:59 AM

1. You can ride along in his cart as an observer. They even give you a tag stating that you are riding along and not playing. 2. People ride alone in a cart all the time. I would call the golf office and report the courses.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:25 AM

My wife works at a championship coarse and as 2 days ago you can go out alone on your cart or 4 carts on a foursome
Old 03-15-2020, 07:36 AM
Veteran member
Default No Threat To Life Then

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
You talked about this more than 8 years ago. Don't give up.

Riding alone in cart on course
Post #7
When this was discussed 8 years ago there wasn’t the threat of catching a deadly virus and likely dying from it. These are different times and call for different rules. Separation in golf carts and on the course should be encouraged right now.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnbrewer View Post
My wife works at a championship coarse and as 2 days ago you can go out alone on your cart or 4 carts on a foursome
I will concur with this! My significant other also works at a championship course and came home and told me this information. I can't believe an employee wouldn't be informed as they ALL get the same information before each shift.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:51 AM

fire the ill informed starter
Old 03-15-2020, 07:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
So, hubby went to two championship golf courses yesterday, asking if he could ride by himself in our golf cart while he played. The answer was “No”. He stated that he didn’t feel comfortable sitting so close to another player in these times when anyone might be carrying the virus. It would seem that considering The Villages has shut down much of its entertainment venues that some consideration could be given to those of us who are trying to maintain some semblance of a normal life, yet do all we can to protect ourselves? So, he won’t be playing any of the courses here for the foreseeable future. We are in a high risk group when it comes to this virus and allowing individual carts would be a responsible and sensible thing for The Villages to do. I understand that during normal life and in a perfect world cart traffic is restricted to protect the courses, etc. They might as well just close all of the courses here. Jamming people together in close proximity is exactly what we are being told not to do. Yes, we are isolating at home and keeping a distance from others when we DO have to go out. Today, while picking up two prescriptions at CVS I had to ask the guy in line behind me to back off. He was literally a foot behind me, breathing down my neck. It’s time we all help each other get through this. We aren’t asking for much, just some space so that we can remain safe.
Being in a high risk group why would you want to do anything? Not picking on you but if you’re that worried about having a person in the cart with you, you must not go anywhere, so why would you want to play golf? In your defense though I saw just this morning on the news that some of the security people in the airports were checked & had Coronavirus. So I really know how you might feel about having people sit right next to you! But staying home could mean staying home & never going out for months.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
If you are high risk, why would you take a chance of leaving your home?
I think you better reread what it said word for word. They said “In a high risk group” meaning TV as the whole group of us not just them! I know they said “WE” but I’m sure they meant WE as anybody could get in contact with the virus.

Last edited by OhioBuckeye; 03-15-2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:59 AM

Your hope that ambassadors and staff of the villages will be better trained and informed..... Do not hold your breath.. it will never happen. Staff turnover, and lack of care about the job they have, ( a stop gap until they can retire on full pension) means no hope of good training. I am lucky the center I deal with are great.. I hope the Villages does not move them out, which they tend to do.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:44 AM
Default Ride alo e

You can always ride alone you just need to stay In Rough if there are two other carts. That has always been their policy
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, cart, golf, close, virus

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.