Golf Clubs - Best Place to Try Before Purchasing

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Default Golf Clubs - Best Place to Try Before Purchasing

I am renting a house in Belvedere for 3 weeks in Aug. This is my first time in The Villages and I am very excited about my first experience here. I would like to golf every day and am interested in trying out clubs, getting fitted and purchasing a new set.

I have an interest in the Adams A7os hybrid set and think I will like the senior set, however won't know until I try them. I should also add that I am left handed and 58 yo. Does anyone have any experience with them.

Where would the best place be to try the Adams A70s as well as other clubs, to be fitted, and purchase. I understand that I may pay slightly more but I believe getting the right clubs is worth it.

I haven't played more than a few times a year in the past, mainly for socializing for business and meeting people. Any recommendations of which courses I should try given than I want to play about 10 times in my 3 week stay. Also being alone I will need to get myself paired into a foursome when I play. I assume that this will automatically be done for me if I sign up for a tee time online. Can you please confirm. Any courses better for meeting people.

Thanks.

Larry
Old 07-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I would try Palmer for club fitting, but not sure how well they are set up for it. I went to a place in Northern Virginia to be fitted. What I liked and what they finally recommended were somewhat different. But they had the ability to take any club head and place it with any shaft to get the best combination. Huge shop with millions invested in technology. Every ball you hit they knew how far it went in the air, amount of roll and total distance. Where you struck it on the club face. How far off left or right and a lot more information. For the irons I ended up with a set that was 1/2 inch longer then standard, a flex about half way between regular and senior, a lie adjusted 1.5 degrees and a set of heads that were over sized. Most shops are not able to set you up that way.

I would play any of the championship courses and also try a few executive courses.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Platinum member

Palmer has a flat fee rental for a month (IIRC) that allows you to try as many clubs as you want. Just check out a set, try, and return for another set.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.