Golf Course Conditions - Havana Terrible

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Golf Course Conditions - Havana Terrible

We played Havana recently and the course was in terrible condition. The greens have not healed from being aerated, which I can understand, but there are large sections on some of the greens that have almost no grass at all - it looks like it has burned off. There are some sand traps that have weeds growing in them; other sand traps look okay from the outside, but there is a heavy layer of wet sand underneath which you can't get your club thru to blast out a shot. I didn't feel this course is worth spending money on.

On the bright side, Orange Blossom, which was in terrible shape all winter long, is now in wonderful shape. The last time I played there, a couple of weeks ago, the greens were absolutely beautiful, and the fairways were almost pristine.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Here we go again.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

Played Killimanjaro to Kenya sat. at 9:20am and did not seem to find the same conditions. Granted it's DRY and the course, all courses need help from mother nature, however still decent considering the conditions. I also visited (not by choice) and exited a few greenside bunkers. Will have to try OBH next.........

Last edited by chuckster; 06-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Veteran member

We had played Kenya to Hemingway, which may partly explain the difference. Everyone in the group commented on how poor the greens were, and the course in general. I supposed everyone may have different standards, but in our opinion, and we had a large group, Havana was no where near as nice as Cane or Orange Blossom.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.