golf course view easements,,,,

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjkoz View Post
While I do not go onto someone's property to retrieve my ball, it amazes me tha those who live on golf courses are surprised when someone does.
I don't think people are surprised, I think just ticked off at the rudeness of trespassers.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
Because you never heard of it does not mean they don't exist,
here's what I am referring to, personally, I do not retrieve my ball from a residents property.

Florida Property Law and Golfers

Under Florida property and real estate laws, golf course communities almost always have a section in their deed restrictions, easements, and covenants that allow golfers to retrieve their errant balls on residents’ properties. A section might read something like: "Every Lot and the Common Area is burdened with an easement permitting golf balls hit from the Club facilities to unintentionally come upon the Lot and for golfers at reasonable times and in a reasonable manner to come upon the exterior portions of the Lot to retrieve errant golf balls." It sounds complicated, but it gives golfers a legal opportunity to find and recover their errant shots, when reasonable to do so. If your Lot is fenced or walled, property documents generally require that golfers ask your permission before entry.

In short, it is likely that a golfer may enter your property to retrieve items such as golf balls (or pets) if they do so in a reasonable manner. Tearing down your fence would obviously not be considered reasonable. If your own property located on or adjacent to a golf course, you should become familiar with the applicable sections of any deed restrictions, easements, and/or covenants that apply to your property.

- See more at: Golf Ball Hazards In Florida: Legal Overview - FindLaw
The easement is primarily for the benefit of Golf Admin.

If a homeowner posts a private property sign then to enter is to trespass.

Most homeowners on a golf course are very amenable until they begin experiencing golfers abuse.. i have had people drive their carts on to my lot and hit a ball can you imagine. its either disrespect or ignorance
Old 11-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Default Come and Get your ball

You are most welcome to retrieve your ball from my yard. Just don't hit your ball off my (OB) property or drive your cart on it.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billds567 View Post
You are most welcome to retrieve your ball from my yard. Just don't hit your ball off my (OB) property or drive your cart on it.
This strikes me as the most reasonable compromise. Unfortunately, a number of golfers don't follow it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.