Golf Equipment In Your Bag?

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2021, 06:17 AM

Medical, bandaids, sun spray and lotion, tape, pain pills. Stretch aids. Tees of various size. Spare balls. Practice wiffle balls. Spare spikes and removal tool. Ball markers from all over and pencils. Extra gloves, summer, winter and rain. Protein bars. Shoe horn. Rain suit and hat. And oh yea, golf clubs.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:31 AM
Default Please clarify

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
if this is the wrong section, my apologies.

Just in quick question for members of TOTV. For those that golf regularly, what equipment is in your bag? New? Fairly new? Old?

Give me your thoughts if you don't mind.

What do you mean by "equipment?" Are you asking which clubs are in my bag? Or brand? Or do you mean what is in bag other than clubs?
Old 08-07-2021, 06:39 AM
Default Golf Bag

Quote:

Just in quick question for members of TOTV. For those that golf regularly, what equipment is in your bag? New? Fairly new? Old?

*New Sim 2 Max irons
*XXIO driver senior shaft, 3 yrs old
*Cobra adjustable fairway woods, several yrs old
Old 08-07-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2TV View Post
What do you mean by "equipment?" Are you asking which clubs are in my bag? Or brand? Or do you mean what is in bag other than clubs?
WITB is commonly referred to the brand and models that are in the bag.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristella View Post
Why would you ask such a stupid question?
I think the more pertinent info is why would you ask such a stupid question?

Some golfers like equipment. Golf equipment is what I do for a living (I do not sell it). Asking golfers what types of clubs they play seems fairly mundane given the sheer amount of golfers on this forum. But based on the brilliant insight offered here, I honestly do not care what equipment you use : )
Old 08-07-2021, 06:49 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

doesn't matter what's in everyone's bag probably wouldn't work for you. Get fitted and then you will have clubs that fit your swing Never ceases to amaze me how many people buy new clubs without getting fitted and wonder why they can't him them.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
doesn't matter what's in everyone's bag probably wouldn't work for you. Get fitted and then you will have clubs that fit your swing Never ceases to amaze me how many people buy new clubs without getting fitted and wonder why they can't him them.
I have been fit and done fittings. It wasn't a question to compare vs what one should play. In fact it was a question about old, new, in between to see what type of equipment was being used in this area.

And one could make the case for and against fittings, based on swing repeatability as well as controlled vs uncontrolled environments. Example. Getting fit indoors, some golfers struggle indoors as well as the turf interaction being different. Getting fit outdoors remedies that, but changes to a range ball and the ball can and will have a huge impact in both launch and spin numbers.

So while I believe fitting is important, this doesn't impact the question in regards to the age of equipment/brands being used in the Villages.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:53 AM
Send a message via ICQ to willis100 Send a message via AIM to willis100 Send a message via Yahoo to willis100 Send a message via Skype™ to willis100

sw-6 custom-made clubs from Golf Next Level located on 441 owned by John Ford. Naples Bay 3 wood with 20 and 25 degree fairway hybrids, and Krank driver. Odyessy versa putter. Oncore elixer golf balls.

Last edited by willis100; 08-09-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 08-07-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What difference does it make?
Then why did you even reply to the OP
Old 08-07-2021, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd.wade View Post
Medical, bandaids, sun spray and lotion, tape, pain pills. Stretch aids. Tees of various size. Spare balls. Practice wiffle balls. Spare spikes and removal tool. Ball markers from all over and pencils. Extra gloves, summer, winter and rain. Protein bars. Shoe horn. Rain suit and hat. And oh yea, golf clubs.
shoe trees?
Old 08-07-2021, 07:35 AM

thought xxio was cognac
Old 08-07-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:

Big Bertha driver, Mizuno JPX irons, Taylor made Ghost putter. And a 2 iron for when I need to get out of the trees!!
Old 08-07-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:

Just upgraded with a fitting to PXG, they had a sweet deal that included a bag plus the complete set.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral72 View Post
thought xxio was cognac
Haha. It would probably be pretty tasty. Its actually part of the Srixon/Cleveland umbrella and they make higher end equipment specializing in moderate swing speeds.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:45 AM
Default My big difference is fairway woods not hybrids

I carry a 9, 11,and 13 wood and own a 15 wood. These are not hybrids. IMO, they are easier to hit than the 3-6 irons especially in the rough. I use the hole 18 program with a watch for distance to the pin.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, equipment, bag, thoughts, give

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.