Golf Etiquette

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-05-2020, 07:13 PM
Joanne19335's Avatar
Joanne19335 Joanne19335 is offline
Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Village of Belvedere
Posts: 85
Thanks: 82
Thanked 154 Times in 54 Posts
Default Golf Etiquette

I played Arnold Palmer today and was appalled by the condition of the fairways on Laurel. Is it too much to ask that golfers fix their divots? Before you complain about course conditions, ask yourself whether you are doing your part to keep the courses in the best shape possible. Fill your sand bottles and use them! It is very frustrating to find your ball in a divot on nearly every shot.

One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day. Please hit from the tees that reflect your level of play. Doing this will speed play and increase everyone’s enjoyment of the game.
  #2  
Old 05-06-2020, 06:39 AM
rjn5656's Avatar
rjn5656 rjn5656 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,116
Thanks: 58
Thanked 304 Times in 80 Posts
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default

Unfortunately too many people don't know or don't care about the etiquette of golf down here.
__________________
Bob anc Cheri
Upstate NY/Bonita
  #3  
Old 05-06-2020, 07:01 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Posts: 3,163
Thanks: 351
Thanked 944 Times in 388 Posts
Default

I always fix a couple extra marks on every green.
  #4  
Old 05-06-2020, 08:46 AM
tophcfa's Avatar
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 855
Thanked 1,826 Times in 584 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day.
That didn’t used to happen when the Villages grew because they added holes of Championship Golf at the same rate that they built homes. That all stopped several years ago when the last Championship Course, Belle Glade, opened. Ever since then, the ratio of Championship Golf holes to homes has steadily declined.
  #5  
Old 05-06-2020, 09:05 AM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2,419 Times in 695 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
I played Arnold Palmer today and was appalled by the condition of the fairways on Laurel. Is it too much to ask that golfers fix their divots? Before you complain about course conditions, ask yourself whether you are doing your part to keep the courses in the best shape possible. Fill your sand bottles and use them! It is very frustrating to find your ball in a divot on nearly every shot.

One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day. Please hit from the tees that reflect your level of play. Doing this will speed play and increase everyone’s enjoyment of the game.
Good luck!
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #6  
Old 05-06-2020, 11:49 AM
Marvic 1 Marvic 1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 321
Thanks: 136
Thanked 380 Times in 153 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I always fix a couple extra marks on every green.
Thank you, this medal is going your way!
Attached Thumbnails
villages-medal-jpg  
  #7  
Old 05-06-2020, 03:39 PM
karostay's Avatar
karostay karostay is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Conn/Maine /
Posts: 2,466
Thanks: 57
Thanked 992 Times in 375 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
I played Arnold Palmer today and was appalled by the condition of the fairways on Laurel. Is it too much to ask that golfers fix their divots? Before you complain about course conditions, ask yourself whether you are doing your part to keep the courses in the best shape possible. Fill your sand bottles and use them! It is very frustrating to find your ball in a divot on nearly every shot.

One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day. Please hit from the tees that reflect your level of play. Doing this will speed play and increase everyone’s enjoyment of the game.
Growing part maybe coming to screeching slow down
Your 100% spot on about the rest
__________________
Don't take life Too Serious ..It isn't permanent
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, play, shot, growing

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.