Golf etiquette is dead

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2021, 07:16 AM

Not to mention the fact that on the Execs many days there will be one ambassador for 4 courses (when there is usually one for 2). One person cannot keep up with all the infractions and maintain the course. Wait till the wages go up and see where staffing takes us.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:20 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer222 View Post
He was a single we were a twosome. He was not keeping up. We caught up to him and had to wait for him to tee off twice on each hole.
A job for the ambassador.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
He was a single we were a twosome. He was not keeping up. We caught up to him and had to wait for him to tee off twice on each hole.
What a jerk; I have played golf all over the world and the ambassadors here are worthless!
Old 08-11-2021, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Again playing today, the guy in front of me hitting 2 balls on every tee. I politely asked him to only hit one ball as the course was getting backed up. He ignored me and continued. A few holes late I again asked him very politely. He said that the people in front of him were slow so it didn’t matter if he hit 2 or 10 ball on each hole. This is really getting out of hand. There is no more etiquette apparently. Might as well join them as you obviously cannot beat them.
I would have called the pro shop and ask them to send an ambassador out pronto.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:49 AM
Default Keeping Up

Are they keeping up with the group ahead of them? If so you have no say about what they do - do they have to just stand in the boiling sun and do nothing while they wait?
Old 08-11-2021, 07:50 AM
Default but...

Quote:
Again playing today, the guy in front of me hitting 2 balls on every tee. I politely asked him to only hit one ball as the course was getting backed up. He ignored me and continued. A few holes late I again asked him very politely. He said that the people in front of him were slow so it didn’t matter if he hit 2 or 10 ball on each hole. This is really getting out of hand. There is no more etiquette apparently. Might as well join them as you obviously cannot beat them.
So...after plowing through the responses, we discover you are on an executive course...after the shack has closed. SO
#1...you shouldn't be there...but ..ok.
#2... The person in front of you is waiting for the people before him, so he is hitting 2 so you both aren't waiting on every hole.
#3...you didn't offer to team up with him so you all aren't waiting.

no sympathy.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
That’s what Ambassadors are suppose to do or call TV head office. But the sad thing is the board doesn’t want to make anyone mad. Just my opinion if it’s true that this guy is waiting at every hole you’ll still be waiting to tee off. So you might as well be patient!
Old 08-11-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Was he keeping up with the group in front of him? If so, what's the problem? If not, than file a complaint. Problem solved.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
So...after plowing through the responses, we discover you are on an executive course...after the shack has closed. SO
#1...you shouldn't be there...but ..ok.
#2... The person in front of you is waiting for the people before him, so he is hitting 2 so you both aren't waiting on every hole.
#3...you didn't offer to team up with him so you all aren't waiting.

no sympathy.
wasn't really looking for your sympathy but ummm, ok
Old 08-11-2021, 08:13 AM

Find the Ambassador and report him and the group in front of him.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
We have been playing when we had to wait for the group in front of us to get off the green. We've even had groups behind us that were caught up to us and we hoped they could tell we were also waiting, so it does happen. Maybe what he said was true, and he wasn't being rude?
Old 08-11-2021, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

The starter shacks close at 7pm. If you have a 7pm tee time, you will be out on the course after the shack is closed. Perfectly legal.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,497 Times in 3,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Golf course is not practice range, plus it’s just more wear on fairways and green’s. don’t matter if he has to wait, there are rules in place when on course. But, I can see how some don’t know or follow rules.
1. Wear and tear of one person with one golf cart hitting two balls is still less than 4 people with two golf carts, each hitting 1 ball.
2. The wear and tear of the greens has *nothing* to do with the OP's question. His concern is the waiting, the delay. My post addressed the delay.
3. Just like in normal traffic on the highway, you *cannot* go any faster than the guy directly ahead of you. Laws of physics apply here.
4. Since #3 is true, it doesn't really matter - in the context of "having to wait" what the person ahead of you is doing while HE waits for the person in front of HIM.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Nah, it’s not dead; just takes a backseat occasionally to the privileged/entitled that probably used to do the same at their rundown muni wherever they came from.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:22 AM

Same exact thing happened to us. We were a foursome with a single guy in front of us hitting two balls on every hole holding us up. No one was in front of him. We advised an ambassador who told him to only hit one ball. He sat down on the ground and pouted and passed us through. After the hole I looked back and noticed he was doing the same thing and holding up the next group behind him. A few pretentious idiots ruin it for everyone. They should give one warning then ban the culprits from play for a month.
Closed Thread

Tags
politely, hit, ball, etiquette, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.