Golf etiquette is dead

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2021, 12:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I've often wondered that myself. Lately I've even seen 5 some's playing. Saw one this morning on one of Hacienda's courses. What's up with that?
I've played in many fivesomes (our home course allowed it, if they knew you), all walking and playing ready golf, where we were constantly waiting on threesomes using carts in front of us. It really boils down to understanding that - "your place on the course is right behind the group in front of you, not just ahead of the group behind you."
Old 08-11-2021, 12:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niferlou06 View Post
Here's what I don't understand. Why doesn't TV mandate a golf etiquitte course be taken prior to allowing a person to golf? They do this before you can play pickel ball.
There is no such rule in pickleball. Nothing prevents anyone from walking onto a court to play.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
There is no such rule in pickleball. Nothing prevents anyone from walking onto a court to play.
You are correct Marathon Man, but the question remains "Is it safe"
Old 08-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer222 View Post
It is just common courtesy and common sense which seems to be lacking these days. You see a group behind you, You only hit one ball per tee. Not much more complicated than that (unless you want it to be)
I don't agree. As long as you are keeping up with the group in front of you, playing two balls in not a problem.

Look at it this way - Why should a single player, who is following a foursome, be forced to wait at every shot because he can only play one ball?
Old 08-11-2021, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niferlou06 View Post
Here's what I don't understand. Why doesn't TV mandate a golf etiquitte course be taken prior to allowing a person to golf? They do this before you can play pickel ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I've often wondered that myself. Lately I've even seen 5 some's playing. Saw one this morning on one of Hacienda's courses. What's up with that?
Wonderful idea (sarcasm). And when we get some guests that are related to Villagers such as Stewart Cink, Patrick Reed and Harris English, they can't play until they take an etiquette course as well Personally, I've played for over 50 years including competitive golf at various levels, and I can't think of a single reason why I would have to sit through a mandatory "etiquette" course with those that are ignorant of the game, unless they ask me to teach it.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I don't agree. As long as you are keeping up with the group in front of you, playing two balls in not a problem.

Look at it this way - Why should a single player, who is following a foursome, be forced to wait at every shot because he can only play one ball?
Exactly! If I were a solo player behind a group of 4 I’d play 2 balls too. Pace of Play people!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Because it is being selfish. You are not going to sit and wait behind the group ahead of you, so instead, you tinker on the hole, practice until you can play on without any standstill. Yet, there is a group on the tee behind you having to sit there and wait on you. Pure selfishness
Old 08-11-2021, 12:47 PM

That's the biggest problem since the Villages kept building and now is a huge populated place. We have too many morons who think they can do whatever they want, wherever they want and the rules don't apply to them. These kind of people have ruined living here.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Because it is being selfish. You are not going to sit and wait behind the group ahead of you, so instead, you tinker on the hole, practice until you can play on without any standstill. Yet, there is a group on the tee behind you having to sit there and wait on you. Pure selfishness
It's not selfishness (the way m2 described), the group behind will finish at the same time either way.

Old 08-11-2021, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry8bal View Post
That's the biggest problem since the Villages kept building and now is a huge populated place. We have too many morons who think they can do whatever they want, wherever they want and the rules don't apply to them. These kind of people have ruined living here.
Perhaps it’s time for you to move because it’s only getting bigger.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Do NOT agree.
Old 08-11-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It's not selfishness (the way m2 described), the group behind will finish at the same time either way.

Of course nobody ever thinks their own selfish acts are selfish. Always can find a justification.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Do NOT agree.
essentially you are not willing to sit patiently and wait for the group ahead of you , but you expect the group behind you to do exactly that, which you are not willing to do. Kinda the textbook definition of selfishness
Old 08-11-2021, 01:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Of course nobody ever thinks their own selfish acts are selfish. Always can find a justification.
TBH, you’re the one who’s acting selfish here? Let it go. Move on. Get over it. The poor guy can’t even defend himself and you’re here bashing him to a bunch of strangers. it’s a round of golf that takes an hour.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
essentially you are not willing to sit patiently and wait for the group ahead of you , but you expect the group behind you to do exactly that, which you are not willing to do. Kinda the textbook definition of selfishness
If there are 4 people in front of me and I’m solo, you think I should just sit and wait? Let’s just pretend I’m 2 people then.
Closed Thread

Tags
politely, hit, ball, etiquette, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.