Golf etiquette is dead

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2021, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer222 View Post
essentially you are not willing to sit patiently and wait for the group ahead of you , but you expect the group behind you to do exactly that, which you are not willing to do. Kinda the textbook definition of selfishness
You have gone from a poster I agree with on OP to a poster I am not sure knows anything about golf. In your non selfish world, would the goal be to get 2, 3, 4 or more groups on the next couple of tees?
Old 08-11-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
If there are 4 people in front of me and I’m solo, you think I should just sit and wait? Let’s just pretend I’m 2 people then.
no , of course not - YOU should not have to wait when you can make others wait. Why should YOU have to wait when YOU are entitled
Old 08-11-2021, 01:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer222 View Post
no , of course not - YOU should not have to wait when you can make others wait. Why should YOU have to wait when YOU are entitled
You don’t golf much do you?
Old 08-11-2021, 01:18 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
No he/she doesn't.

6 doesn't understand.......If the solo is playing one ball or two and keeping up with the group ahead.......the group behind is going to wait the same amount either way.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Quite often actually. Probably how I learned the etiquette I see lacking in a lot of others. Apparent a few on this site
Old 08-11-2021, 03:05 PM

The Villages is comprised of people from all over. Many have never played golf but now they want to try it. There is no time or desire to learn golf edifying. The same goes for the elderly motorcycle riders. And sad to say the ignorant firearms buyers (These people really scare me)
Old 08-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
The Villages is comprised of people from all over. Many have never played golf but now they want to try it. There is no time or desire to learn golf edifying. The same goes for the elderly motorcycle riders. And sad to say the ignorant firearms buyers (These people really scare me)
Golfer?......check.
Motorcycle rider?........check.
Gun owner?.......check.
Ignorant?......check.

Sorry, we will never be friends.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
You have gone from a poster I agree with on OP to a poster I am not sure knows anything about golf. In your non selfish world, would the goal be to get 2, 3, 4 or more groups on the next couple of tees?
Heck might as well throw a bunch of balls on the green and practice my putting even though there is a group on the tee behind me that could play the hole. As long as it means I am not idle for one second, that is all that matters. Screw everybody else. Textbook entitlement. Appears epidemic
Old 08-11-2021, 04:05 PM

Report him to the ambassador and the pro!!! They will know who he is and take appropriate action.
His arrogance is appalling !!!
Old 08-11-2021, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by germangi View Post
Report him to the ambassador and the pro!!! They will know who he is and take appropriate action.
His arrogance is appalling !!!
It took this thread for you to come alive after seven years??

Great first post.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:37 PM

As someone who usually plays champ courses solo once or twice a week in the mornings (love getting out there early and will usually hit 2 balls) If I'm playing TDS or OB and there's nobody in front of me I usually move at a good pace and will finish in about 3:15 However, if I'm playing one of the other courses, there's no reason to rush on the front side because everyone has to wait at the turn anyway. So I'll take my time and fix a few extra balls marks if there's nobody waiting to hit up. That gives the group in front of me time to move on rather than feeling like up I'm crawling up their asses and pushing them to go faster when they will inevitably have to wait at the turn anyway

As has been stated, you can only go as fast as the group in front of you so the only hole where time should come into play is on the last hole or two on the back. The only legit complaint to be made here is if a solo golfer has a full hole open ahead of him, in which case there's definitely a reason to get ****ed (I know I would) But suggesting someone only be allowed to hit one ball and then have to wait will only lead to the groups behind him having to wait as they catch up to the groups in front of them.

Of course this is assuming the single golfer is capable and not out there just spraying the ball around or ballhawking and in this case it seems like the guy was keeping up with the slower group in front of him and there wasn't a gap.

In the end, the final round time isn't going to change more than 2-3 minutes.

Doesn't really seem to be anything worth getting upset about from my POV, but as they say, YMMV
Old 08-11-2021, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kiwus View Post
What a jerk; I have played golf all over the world and the ambassadors here are worthless!
So who do you think fills divots, repairs ball marks, picks up broken tees and trash, fills sand bottles, replaces rakes in traps, etc???
Old 08-11-2021, 09:16 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendy View Post
So who do you think fills divots, repairs ball marks, picks up broken tees and trash, fills sand bottles, replaces rakes in traps, etc???
Thank you!
Old 08-11-2021, 09:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kiwus View Post
What a jerk; I have played golf all over the world and the ambassadors here are worthless!
Well ain't you special.

Last edited by stanley; 08-12-2021 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:07 AM

societal etiquette is pretty much dead. And you know who to thank for that
Closed Thread

Tags
politely, hit, ball, etiquette, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.