Golf etiquette is dead

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2021, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Couldn't agree more. However, it would have been more productive to tell the ambassador rather than posting on TOTV
The Ambassadors really don’t enforce rules like this. I had this happen at Tierra de Sol . We were scheduled to play with another couple and the starter allowed them to tee off and play by themselves. The man hit multiple balls on every shot. We waited on every shot, they refused to pair up and the Ambassador just shrugged his shoulders.

Recently at Glenview my friend and I were finishing our round (Stirrup Cup) and when we reached the 9th tee there was a couple just teeing off…apparently had jumped from #1 to #9 for no apparent reason. There had been no one ahead of us the entire round. Luckily (I thought) there was an ambassador driving up the path just as they were leaving the tee. We stopped him, asked him to move the couple off the hole, and he looked at them then drove away. That couple also hit multiple balls as we stewed and waited for them to finish.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:28 AM

To Golf222, FYI, I have the Telephone number for each golf course recorded in my iphone. When I run into A long delay situation, I simply call the starter shack let them know what’s going on and request that the ambassador come and speak to the folks that are causing the delay. That’s what the ambassadors and starter shack are supposed to do. They’re supposed to make sure that the flow of the game is within The time constraints of the course. All of the phone numbers are in the little pamphlet that comes out each January in the magazine and put all the numbers and names in your phone. Then don’t be afraid to use it use them. Hope this helps. Stay safe and healthy and if you’re not vaccinated please get the vaccine.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:38 AM
Default Ambassadors job

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
From what I've read on almost every golfing thread... the "Ambassadors" are pretty much like their title describe: politicians who do nothing.
If we didn’t have to spend all our time fixing divots, returning rakes and sometimes raking the bunkers and repairing ball marks on the greens that maintenance staff work hard to keep in tip-top shape for those of you who apparently feel it’s beneath you to do so other things might happen. Add to that management’s philosophy that the golfers can do no wrong and the Ambassador’s hands are pretty much tied. Remember , Judge not til you you’ve walked a mile in the other guys golf shoes 👞 (editorial liberty taken)!!
Old 08-11-2021, 08:40 AM

If he's playing alone and he isn't holding up anyone because there is someone in front of him ... should we care how many balls he hits?
Old 08-11-2021, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kiwus View Post
What a jerk; I have played golf all over the world and the ambassadors here are worthless!
You sir are the problem. I won’t say what I’m thinking else the monitor would likely not let it go and rightfully so. But I’d be willing to bet you are one of those who keeps the ambassadors busy cleaning up after them fixing divots, raking and returning rakes to sand traps and repairing ball marks
Old 08-11-2021, 08:45 AM

Here's what I don't understand. Why doesn't TV mandate a golf etiquitte course be taken prior to allowing a person to golf? They do this before you can play pickel ball.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokomo View Post
The Ambassadors really don’t enforce rules like this. I had this happen at Tierra de Sol . We were scheduled to play with another couple and the starter allowed them to tee off and play by themselves. The man hit multiple balls on every shot. We waited on every shot, they refused to pair up and the Ambassador just shrugged his shoulders.

Recently at Glenview my friend and I were finishing our round (Stirrup Cup) and when we reached the 9th tee there was a couple just teeing off…apparently had jumped from #1 to #9 for no apparent reason. There had been no one ahead of us the entire round. Luckily (I thought) there was an ambassador driving up the path just as they were leaving the tee. We stopped him, asked him to move the couple off the hole, and he looked at them then drove away. That couple also hit multiple balls as we stewed and waited for them to finish.
This ambassador was wrong on both occasions and should be terminated. Did you report to golf pro? You should
Old 08-11-2021, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Couldn't agree more. However, it would have been more productive to tell the ambassador rather than posting on TOTV

He's trying to reach two birds with one ball.....lol
Old 08-11-2021, 09:28 AM
Default The attachment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It's not just common sense and bad etiquette, it is a violation of USGA rules and The Villages rules:

https://www.golfthevillages.com/what...eeDropArea.pdf

I would have asked an ambassador to tell him to stop playing two balls.
Retired guy, thanks for posting those rules, but that specific reference does not mention pace of play, or anything regarding how many balls a single player can hit/play.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kiwus View Post
What a jerk; I have played golf all over the world and the ambassadors here are worthless!
Old 08-11-2021, 10:35 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niferlou06 View Post
Here's what I don't understand. Why doesn't TV mandate a golf etiquitte course be taken prior to allowing a person to golf? They do this before you can play pickel ball.
I've often wondered that myself. Lately I've even seen 5 some's playing. Saw one this morning on one of Hacienda's courses. What's up with that?
Old 08-11-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niferlou06 View Post
They do this before you can play pickel ball.
Nope.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHoss18 View Post
Retired guy, thanks for posting those rules, but that specific reference does not mention pace of play, or anything regarding how many balls a single player can hit/play.
I was referring to the USGA rules of golf that The Villages has adopted for play on their courses (see the link). You are supposed to play using those rules. Under USGA rules, you cannot hit 2 balls on a hole unless you are playing a provisional ball, which is only allowed in some circumstances.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I was referring to the USGA rules of golf that The Villages has adopted for play on their courses (see the link). You are supposed to play using those rules. Under USGA rules, you cannot hit 2 balls on a hole unless you are playing a provisional ball, which is only allowed in some circumstances.

This is The Villages (& every where)
Gimmies.
Rolling the ball.
Foot wedges.
Breakfast balls.

NO BODY plays by the rules.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:37 AM

It is just common courtesy and common sense which seems to be lacking these days. You see a group behind you, You only hit one ball per tee. Not much more complicated than that (unless you want it to be)
Closed Thread

Tags
politely, hit, ball, etiquette, front

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.