Golf on the executive courses

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Default Golf on the executive courses

We are new to the Villages and have not yet golfed on any of the golf courses. Our son is coming for a visit and would like to golf with us. I would like to take him to a nice course. We live So of 466 A. Skill level is intermediate. Can anyone suggest any favorites?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default My favorite is Amberwood but

probably couldn't be any further from you (Up near Nancy Lopez), BUT it does have an easy par 5 (use to be a 4) and a par 4 (that use to be a 3), and it is always in good condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiesc View Post
We are new to the Villages and have not yet golfed on any of the golf courses. Our son is coming for a visit and would like to golf with us. I would like to take him to a nice course. We live So of 466 A. Skill level is intermediate. Can anyone suggest any favorites?
Old 03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Sage
Smile

I would suggest Bonita Pass or Tarpon Boil. Two of my favorites and not too far to travel from the South end.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiesc View Post
I am sure you know this, but I will say it anyway. You must make reservations and you may or may not get the executive course you request especially now when we have so many people here.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

It is actually easier to go into the computer and "pickup" an unused tee time on a Championship course. You will only pay half price for nine holes---and you will find some tee times on the 4:00 wave at Bonifay, Cane Garden, Havana and Mallory Hill ----my favorites in south TV. It's 15.00 to play an Executive Course for a guest if you ride---I think. If you just want executive courses---Yankee Clipper, Roosevelt, Sandhill and bacall are my favorites in south TV. Have fun!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.