Golf Festival ? This year 2021 is NO FESTIVAL !

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2021, 09:45 AM

Doesn't seem to bother people at grocery stores or Walmart.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:20 AM

Singerlady - I am a ‘people’ - please don’t clump me into your definition of ‘people’. I moved here - because I could live! (I am happy to see The Villages sponsor events that allow people to live!) If you don’t like it - you are welcome to make the choice to stay locked up at home.

I am old and I will die. We all will die. Our loved ones and people we care about will die. I prefer to spend time with humans - in person - small and big groups - friends & strangers! Please note - I do take all precautions when I am out in public - masks, distance. Despite knowing that death is inevitable and knowing that I have been careful and experienced no issues visiting and traveling (taking all precautions in public!!) - the human contact and interaction I have experienced has warmed my heart and brought me great peace. Even if I had issues that would make me vulnerable - like heart disease, cancer, etc.... I would *still* go out in public - I know the consequences - but, that is my choice. So, Singerlady - stay locked up, if that is what makes you happy and fulfilled - that is your choice - I am not in a position to tell you what is right or wrong. My decision is to live and spend time with those I love and care about - also, I want to meet new people - I want to live!!!

I can’t tell you how many times - I have cried wishing more than anything to have just 5 more minutes with someone I have loved or cared about that has left this world. This is why - I have made the choice to live (following rules while in public) - because death can strike any of us - at any time. As I am taking my last breath (for what ever reason) I don’t want to be heartbroken w/regret - knowing I purposefully missed that last 5 minutes - that was within my reach - this whole time. That is my choice - and there are people who call me ‘selfish’ for it - someday you may regret not having just 5 more minutes to hug and hold someone as tight as you possibly can - I pray for all who have missed that last 5 minutes - because they were not given the option to make their own choice to spend time - in person - with humans.

Sorry to hijack this topic - but - we are not forced to attend events here at The Villages (stay home - if that is your choice). Likewise, we should not be forced (or risk being labeled ‘selfish’) if we do want to attend a Villages-sponsored event!
Old 01-04-2021, 10:28 AM

Is it me, it seems that every post on the talk a lot of people have something rude to say! Wake up America, it’s all part of the plan. If your worried about the pandemic, STAY HOME
Old 01-04-2021, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

yet another "first world problem"
Old 01-04-2021, 12:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Perhaps you have not heard. There is a pandemic currently happening that makes large gatherings risky.
BINGO, I guess they missed that! Or they don’t wear a mask & really don’t believe the Covid ban is for real. Good comment Marathon Man!
Old 01-04-2021, 12:45 PM

I agree it is a personal decision. Just make a wise choice based on your health status and use of protective measures. I am glad there are lots of activities OUTSIDE here at TV. I choose to LIVE and enjoy what I am comfortable with for my safety. Stay informed, note the increased numbers lately and be smart. We are all in this together!
Old 01-04-2021, 12:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbathbabe View Post
I agree it is a personal decision. Just make a wise choice based on your health status and use of protective measures. I am glad there are lots of activities OUTSIDE here at TV. I choose to LIVE and enjoy what I am comfortable with for my safety. Stay informed, note the increased numbers lately and be smart. We are all in this together!
These statements conflict. Those us us who believe that we are all in this together do not buy into the idea that personal choice is more important than protecting others.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:40 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Perhaps you have not heard. There is a pandemic currently happening that makes large gatherings risky.
Outdoors, on the polo and surrounding acres, dangerous ?? Disney must have larger outdoor crowds, as well as the beaches, even the Villages town squares, don't hear that people are dying daily from those outdoor activities, and golf courses themselves seem packed and many are not 6 FEET apart, yet, seems to be sufficient to keep people healthy, so not using the expanse of the polo grounds seems like some other motive ?
Old 01-04-2021, 01:49 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Before I bought my last set of Taylormade M-4 Irons I went to the Arnold Palmer school and past the receptionist and down the hallway to the next to last door on the left is a room full of the latest golf clubs. You can go in there hit as many as you want, there is a hitting mat outside the back door leading to the driving range. They even provide the balls. If you want to take the clubs out for a round of golf, I believe you just have to leave your driver's license and go on your way with the clubs. This can be done just anytime they're open. I only see a fee if you want a fitting. I wouldn't wait for a golf fest for a fitting, you can do that anytime and it's usually included with a purchase of a set of clubs at any of the shops on and off campus.
An excellent and very useful reply ! Nice to see these useful and intelligent (LOL) replies, not just the negatives all the time, though I agree, easy to fall into the negative in these times, too much time to point fingers, call names, and depress everyone. Thanks for the post... vacation spending has been way down lately, maybe time for a new clubs !
Old 01-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I see the villages has come up with a bad idea to have this 15th year festival . This is no festival it a $$$$$$ maker for the villages ! If you like to check out more then 3 different clubs you have to go all over the villages , Lopez Legacy Driving Range, Glenview Champions Driving Range , Palmer Legends Driving Range, and Sarasota Practice Center Driving Range.
What happen to the polo fields?
The cost to me will be $200 the way I see this .
You do know that you will get that coin back if you buy clubs, don’t you?

This is what the manufacturers requested with the safety of them and their customers driving that decision.

Having to pay for a fitting brings the serious buyers in, the ability to keep the equipment clean/sanitized and keeps the “just wanting to hit free balls” people out.

Tags
festival, range, driving, villages, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.