Potentially Troubling Information

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2020, 12:02 PM
Default Potentially Troubling Information

I was at Mallory today talking to a couple of staff. I casually said something about wishing twilight rates went into effect when daylight savings time started, instead of waiting until May and the summer rates. They said they don't think there will be twilight rates anymore at all due to change in management. Ouch!!

Nothing definite yet I guess, but troubling nonetheless.

Anybody have any more info?
Old 03-16-2020, 10:24 AM

This is troubling...
Old 03-16-2020, 12:34 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Old 03-16-2020, 01:33 PM
Veteran member

well maybe no twilight rates but I heard there after dark rates were gonna be great
Old 03-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I was at Mallory today talking to a couple of staff. I casually said something about wishing twilight rates went into effect when daylight savings time started, instead of waiting until May and the summer rates. They said they don't think there will be twilight rates anymore at all due to change in management. Ouch!!

Could this have anything to do with the fact that Mallory is closed since they lost their greens. So what staff at Mallory were you talking to, and why were you there unless it was to eat at the restaurant.

Never mind, previous post "crossed in the mail"
Old 03-16-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So, posters on TOTV would have more information than a "management level staff person"?
Boy, I see what some people say about the harshness of this forum.

My original post made no claims of knowing the facts of the situation. And from what I understand, championship courses in The Villages are going through a change of management. So I don't assume every staff member at a specific country club would know all the details of changes to rate structure and such things. Might somebody on ToTV have some information regarding the matter? It is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Pardon me for throwing the topic out there for discussion.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I played Cane Garden yesterday and I asked the ambassador about twilight rates. She said the only discount she is aware of, is right now at 4:20 the rates drop to 50% off. So for a resident non-priority member you would pay $32 instead of $64.
Old 03-16-2020, 05:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Don't get discouraged. I see nothing wrong with asking whether anybody has more information. And since I was not aware that there are "twilight rates"* -- I learned something. Thank you.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Boy, I see what some people say about the harshness of this forum.

My original post made no claims of knowing the facts of the situation. And from what I understand, championship courses in The Villages are going through a change of management. So I don't assume every staff member at a specific country club would know all the details of changes to rate structure and such things. Might somebody on ToTV have some information regarding the matter? It is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Pardon me for throwing the topic out there for discussion.
Welcome to TOTV!!!! Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad, anonymity does that
Old 03-16-2020, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Well, I would say thanks to the OP for posting information they recently heard. I both appreciate the heads up on the possible change in policy and hope the source of the information is incorrect. Eliminating the Seasonal twilight rates would really suck in my opinion.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:24 AM

Twilight rates have been gone, since The Developer, took back management of the courses. Rates typically go back down in May. However, there is no guarantee that they will go down. In the summer, there is unlimited play after the PM wave, based on availability, at the nine hole rate.
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, twilight, troubling, anymore, due

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.