Four carts per fousome...

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2020, 09:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Four carts per fousome...

All the news sites are suggesting "social distancing". On the Champ courses a person is on the course in a cart with another person for four or more hours. If you have a threesome a person may walk up and not have a cart so he wants a ride. Not with me from now on! I don't know the person or if he just returned from a cruise or returned from the far East. All courses should now allow four carts per foursome if they are really serious about social distancing. Blast away!
Old 03-11-2020, 09:43 AM
Sage

Here’s my blast..

Very good point. It makes a lot of sense. I understand the existing policy (to a degree), but I don’t think 4 carts per group would be a major issue in TV. Three are currently allowed. I don’t see where four would be a huge difference. Maybe step up proper cart usage training and enforcement along with the new policy.

I’m on board.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 03-11-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
All the news sites are suggesting "social distancing". On the Champ courses a person is on the course in a cart with another person for four or more hours. If you have a threesome a person may walk up and not have a cart so he wants a ride. Not with me from now on! I don't know the person or if he just returned from a cruise or returned from the far East. All courses should now allow four carts per foursome if they are really serious about social distancing. Blast away!
I doubt you'll see that. Maybe when all club meetings, town squares, entertainment venues, movie theaters and restaurants that gather hundreds of people are shut down, they will move on to "socially distancing" 2 people in a golf cart. Until then, you have the option of riding alone and staying on the cart path throughout the round, the exercise might help you stay healthy.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

I am often unable to complete 9 holes do to health reasons, so I insist on being alone on my cart so I can leave the course if I can’t go on.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:02 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Ridiculous!

Steve
Old 03-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
They will allow four carts on the course if you request it however you will be told two carts must remain on the cart path at all times.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
There hardly any fairway grass now, can you imagine how bad the courses would be with four carts per foursome were aloud. “ridiculous”
Old 03-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe messina View Post
There hardly any fairway grass now, can you imagine how bad the courses would be with four carts per foursome were aloud. “ridiculous”
It would also help if golfers didn't continually drive their carts straight up the middle of the fairway to get to their balls. Everyone should be utilizing the 90 degree rule. And this goes for the maintenance people as well, who typically drive down the fairways to get to a green. Stay in the rough when at all possible
Old 03-11-2020, 01:35 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
They will allow four carts on the course if you request it however you will be told two carts must remain on the cart path at all times.
Starters are not authorized to allow more than two carts per group. Three carts under "special" circumstances are allowed, with three carts being under the discretion of the starter, but still frowned upon. Four carts I have never seen. and is not allowed.
Steve
Old 03-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Op since you are concerned, I assume you are not going to any restaurants, grocery, meetings, shopping, or town squares.

Golf should also be out of the equation if you are not healthy or are in fear of your life.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

What about all those that play outside the bubble who take their foursome in the car?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-11-2020, 07:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Just finished playing, posed the question to the starter. Three carts is the max per foursomes. If golfers want four, someone will not be playing
Old 03-12-2020, 05:42 AM
Default Four carts per foursome

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Ridiculous!

Steve
Not ridiculous. It’s gonna get worse..much worse. I’m not an alarmist. Just listen to medical personnel and erring on the side of caution.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyonsmm View Post
Not ridiculous. It’s gonna get worse..much worse. I’m not an alarmist. Just listen to medical personnel and erring on the side of caution.
Yes, ridiculous. If you are afraid to be minimally and briefly exposed to ONE other person, it's time to lock yourself in your home with a barricade.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

My trail fee gives me the right to drive my cart on exec courses. Don't think they can force me to ride with someone else.
Closed Thread

Tags
person, carts, returned, cart, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.