Golf Group Start-Up

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2021, 09:04 AM

My wife and I would be interested. Some of you may also be interested in The Villages Golf Club. Look at the web site. Search on villages golf club (can't post a URL in TOTV). They play Championship courses only both in and outside of The Villages.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:07 AM

Interested
Michelebronson@hotmail.com
Old 04-03-2021, 09:39 AM

Good morning to all interested parties, I'll try to address all questions on this post:
1) Executive and socializing afterwards? Sounds good to us as our 2nd group play of the week. Our 1st play of the week will be on a Championship course.
2) 9 or 18 holes? We're looking to play 18, but can start out doing 9 as a group and see how it goes.
3) Day(s) to play? Thursday, Friday or Saturday works best for us.
4) Snowbirds in group? Absolutely, as long as group has enough committed year round players.

Thanks for interest and responses/questions, once we get through a few filtering iterations to define and agree on group plan - we can all exchange names and e-mails.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 04-03-2021, 09:44 AM
Default Co-ed golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I would be interested, but I have no intention of attempting to play on a championship course, I am just starting to golf. Mty wife would probably also be interested in an exec course only group.
My wife Susan and I would be interested. We played as a couple before on Championship courses after 5 when the sun and the price went down. We played a "scramble" format which made it more enjoyable for the short hitter in the couple. Of course, on execs, we play our own ball.

Please keep us posted.

Thank You.

John and Susan Phillips
Tamarind Grove
Old 04-03-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomlinson View Post
My wife and I would be interested. Some of you may also be interested in The Villages Golf Club. Look at the web site. Search on villages golf club (can't post a URL in TOTV). They play Championship courses only both in and outside of The Villages.
Thanks, will check it out more closely if this group doesn't work out. We like to play late afternoon or twilight in summertime. We haven't found a group that does that.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 04-03-2021, 09:52 AM

We would be interested but still snowbirds and won’t be around too much longer. Please re-post in Oct/Nov. always looking for m/f couples to play on championship courses
Old 04-03-2021, 10:22 AM
Default Golf group

Please add us to your list. My husband and I, will be new to TV (most likely in July) and want to meet new friends and golf buddies. We are still working out our logistics and depends how fast we can find a new home, after our Oregon house closes escrow. Please stay in touch.

Pat and Dan
Ptmckiou@aol.com
Old 04-03-2021, 10:32 AM

We're interested. Please keep us posted.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
We're looking to initiate a CO-ED golf group, starting with basics (listed below) and working out the details that best fits folks schedules and interests.

1) Playing one or two rounds a week. One round on a Championship course, possible 2nd round TBD (Exec or Champ).
2) Playing Late Afternoon...when UV drops. Summertime after 5PM.
3) Good Golf Etiquette, Good Pace of Play.
4) Casual Fun Golf.
5) Mostly playing North of 466A.
6) Year round play? (Twilight in summer months).
7) Group Size (TBD). A set/committed number of pairs to create at least 2 or 3 foursomes would be ideal. Several "alternate pair" teams for filling in?

Hope to get started up by June!
Interested
Old 04-03-2021, 11:56 AM
Default Golf group

We would be very interested. Championship preferred. We live south of 466A so "far north" anything past Glenview is a push for us. 5'ish time frame is perfect!
berniedeb@live.com - keep us posted.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:12 PM
Sage

We’re interested also. Will keep an eye out for when contact information exchange begins.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:19 PM
Default Golf after 5

I am interested in playing after 5 twice a week championship and executive. Hubby does not play. So I'll be a single. djmcguff33@gmail.com
Old 04-03-2021, 12:43 PM

I would be interested in playing. Sorry I am an "I" and not a we. I see most affirmative responses have been from couples. Maybe I could be included if a few singles other than myself respond. Thanks, GMAN.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:50 PM

COED golf group sounds fun. 9 holes on Championship course is perfect. Late afternoon on Friday perfect. June start perfect. Both my husband and I have been playing for a couple of decades and play mostly Championship courses, as someone mentioned forgiving and really fun. We're into social and enjoy fun golf games as well. Playing golf is the best reason we've found to meet great people!
Old 04-03-2021, 01:44 PM

Just touching base with all golfers, as the group list is growing quickly. 24 people (Listed below: 10 couples & 4 singles (2M's & 2F's)) have shown interest, this count doesn't include "snowbirds" or people wanting to play only Executive courses. For now I'd like to sort out the Championship course play for 1 day per week. We're open to Thursday, Friday or Saturday. One person has responded with a Friday request. The 9 or 18 hole play decision can be deferred until we really start playing, I expect some will play only 9, others will want 18.

TOTV ID
Polar Bear
FutureProvesPast
Bengals1966
newlife1 (Exec only)
retfc2@yahoo.com
MoeJoe46307
Zenith (Snowbirds)
Lpaine
MaryShields (Exec only; 3:00 latest)
mtomlinson
RosemarySoso (Snowbirds)
Ptmckiou
jcpsap@comcast.net
Jmcgarv86
Bernaldio
dmcguff33
g-man
ljmarenco@aol.com

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Closed Thread

Tags
golf, group, round, playing, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.